British Army chief calls for Iraq pullout

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Report: British Army chief calls for Iraq pullout

The chief of the British Army, calling for a pullout of British troops from Iraq, says plans for post-invasion Iraq were "probably based more on optimism." Gen. Richard Dannatt told a British newspaper: "Our presence exacerbates security problems." Dannatt's views directly contradict the position of British Prime Minister Tony Blair, a staunch supporter of the war and President Bush's strategy.

Gen. Richard Dannatt London's Daily Mail newspaper that he had "more optimism" that "we can get it right in Afghanistan."

Dannatt said that Britain's continued presence in Iraq had made the country less secure.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/10/13/iraq.general/index.html

He must be either very stupid, or a coward, to say something crazy like this.

Or, more likely he's a traitor.

Doesn't this idiot know that we have to fight the shia and sunni militias on the streets of Najaf and Baghdad, so we don't have to fight them on the streets of Glasgow and Kansas City?

Or, more likely he's a traitor.

Doesn't this idiot know that we have to fight the shia and sunni militias on the streets of Najaf and Baghdad, so we don't have to fight them on the streets of Glasgow and Kansas City?
I don't know: maybe they could have Kansas City if they wanted it. I certainly wouldn't object.

;)

It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who questions whether having foreign troops in there isn't doing more harm than good.

This is the equivilent of the US joint chief of staff chairman stating that the war is an error.

He has no political interests to be made by this claim, he is also in a position to recognise this, he is no junior officer.

The British people are far more likely to trust this general's opinion than that of the government.

The British Army wants to pull out of the Iraq debacle and concentrate on leading the NATO fight against the taleban in Afghanistan.

Back