Bruins for Lane Kiffin

LOL

Back in the 80s, there was an "Oust Faust" movement in South Bend. That Fire Lane incident reminds me of that. On the plus side, Gerry Faust's replacement was Lou Holtz, so perhaps you'll get yours.

LOL

Back in the 80s, there was an "Oust Faust" movement in South Bend. That Fire Lane incident reminds me of that. On the plus side, Gerry Faust's replacement was Lou Holtz, so perhaps you'll get yours.
That was a mystery hiring by ND. I can only believe they hired faust due to his association with Moeller High School.

Along with St. Iggy they're the two most hated football programs in Ohio High School football. We've long argued that those Catholic parochial schools should play in their own leagues. Same with the private high school. They can recruit. Public schools cannot.

Faust made his reputation by massing wins against teams that couldn't recruit talent. Then he went to college and found out that everyone can at that level and that he was nothing special, which certainly turned out to be the case. The big question was how comes ND couldn't figure that out when they hired him in the first place?

A few unsuccessful ND coaches inherited a mess. Dan Devine had inherited Parseghian's team, and won the 1977 championship, but he definitely handed a diminished program over to Faust. Terry Brennan, who nearly won a title in 1954 (first year) did the same thing to Joe Kuharich, who is remembered as the worst ND coach of all time.

Of course, a great coach such as Parseghian or Holtz can inherent a mess and turn it around. The question for Brian Kelley is will he be a Holtz, or simply an Elmer Layden, who inherited a mess and turned it into a winning program but never captured a title.

#Axe to grind

That was a mystery hiring by ND. I can only believe they hired faust due to his association with Moeller High School.

Along with St. Iggy they're the two most hated football programs in Ohio High School football. We've long argued that those Catholic parochial schools should play in their own leagues. Same with the private high school. They can recruit. Public schools cannot.

Faust made his reputation by massing wins against teams that couldn't recruit talent. Then he went to college and found out that everyone can at that level and that he was nothing special, which certainly turned out to be the case. The big question was how comes ND couldn't figure that out when they hired him in the first place?

Faust went straight from high school to Notre Dame? Wow, I never knew that. That's pretty amazing.

I read that John Boehner was a linebacker in high school under Faust at Moeller.

Back