Which one is best?

• Leonard Cohen (also Jeff Buckley) - Hallejulah

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Godsmack - Serenity

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Which one is best, Hallejulah by Leonard Cohen (and a million other covers that you may or may not be familar with) or Godsmack's Serenity?

Paranoid Android wasn't even CLOSE to winning, Grind :).

No, wait a sec...

Fuck.

I think your vote was deleted because of server errors.

Sorry about that... forgot to tell you guys...

Well, It was pretty much a random selection anyway. I doubt Paranoid Android would've made it in any case.

I mean, there were a bunch of ties becaue there were so few voters. Where there are ties, they use random selections. They don't do this where they can avoid it.

You're just angry because a song named "hallejulah" doesn't scream about how immigrants need to die.

Where did I ever say immigrants need to die? I might have said ILLEGAL immigrants should be shot when crossing in some cases, but even that is purely rhetoric.

It's considered one of the most beautiful songs in the history of songwriting.

I don't mind the song. I just think Leonard Cohen sucks, overall.

I love Leonard Cohen. Hallejulah was his best song, but I hate how he chose to perform it. His old, minimalist style was better.

Then again, he's one of the biggest liberals I've ever heard of. The only reason he isn't popular in the US is because no one chooses to market him... he's a household name in Canada, where they do market him.

I love Leonard Cohen. Hallejulah was his best song, but I hate how he chose to perform it. His old, minimalist style was better.

Then again, he's one of the biggest liberals I've ever heard of. The only reason he isn't popular in the US is because no one chooses to market him... he's a household name in Canada, where they do market him.
Back in The Day, Cohen was often called a Canadian Bob Dylan. I don't know which of them ought to be more offended by that, but it was meant well. Suzanne, Bird on a Wire, The Partisan and The Sisters of Mercy were almost as widely played in the Haight as were Blowin' in the Wind and I Want You. And yes, I was there. Young, but there.

Back