Buh Bye TeBOW!

Howey

Banned
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...im-tebow-nfl-cut-pats-20130823,0,4087365.post

Yt1HMPR.jpg

Throws like a fag.

Will Tim Tebow survive NFL cut-down day next Tuesday?

Don't bet your lunch money please. Despite the legion of fans afflicted with Tebowmania, Tebow could very well not survive cut day with the New England Patriots on Tuesday, when NFL teams must trim their roster to 75 players. The Pats currently have 84 players.

You never know what’s going on in the creative-genius mind of Patriots coach Bill Belichick, but suffice to say that the fact that Tebow did not play one down in a beatdown loss to the Detroit Lions on Thursday night does not bode well for his chances.

The third exhibition game is the one that’s the most reflective of the regular season, with starters and quality backups getting more share of playing time. The fourth exhibition game is usually a time for scrubs and misfits, with regulars getting significant rest again.

Why is it you dislike Tebow so much?

I understand that the neocons cherish him. But he always seemed like a very decent guy.

Because he used his Christian faith to make money off marginal, if that, football skills. That's called greed. Greed is a sin.

Because he used his Christian faith to make money off marginal, if that, football skills. That's called greed. Greed is a sin.

He has great athleticism.....he's just no NFL QB. What he needs to do is reinvent himself. He could be an asset to an NFL team in a role like Kordell Stewart used to have with the Steelers.

So you think his Christian faith is why he is in the NFL? It couldn't be that he was a pretty good (actually more than "pretty good" http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=schlabach_mark&id=4836527) college player who had potential? I'll be the first to admit that he isn't gonna make it as a quarterback in the NFL as it stands right now. But even though I hated him in college (he beat my Sooners in the BCS NCG for Pete's sake), I root for him every time he takes the field, even this year playing for Satan's team, because of all of those who root against him because he dared to wear John 3:16 in his eye black.

Greed. Haha... I use my mathematical mind to make a living. Greed indeed.

Marginal football skills? lol

He is not going to be a success as an NFL QB. But he did do the following:

2× BCS National Championship (2007, 2009)
2× SEC Championship (2006, 2008)
2× First-team All-American (2007, 2008)
Second-team All-American (2009)
3× First-team All-SEC (2007, 2008, 2009)
AP Player of the Year (2007)
Davey O'Brien Award (2007)
2× Maxwell Award (2007, 2008)
Heisman Trophy (2007)
Quarterback of the Year (2007)
SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2008)
Manning Award (2008)
William V. Campbell Trophy (2009)

I'd hardly call that "marginal".

Marginal football skills? lol

He is not going to be a success as an NFL QB. But he did do the following:

2× BCS National Championship (2007, 2009)
2× SEC Championship (2006, 2008)
2× First-team All-American (2007, 2008)
Second-team All-American (2009)
3× First-team All-SEC (2007, 2008, 2009)
AP Player of the Year (2007)
Davey O'Brien Award (2007)
2× Maxwell Award (2007, 2008)
Heisman Trophy (2007)
Quarterback of the Year (2007)
SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2008)
Manning Award (2008)
William V. Campbell Trophy (2009)

I'd hardly call that "marginal".

That's college football. This is the real thing. He is, at best, marginal in the NFL.

That's college football. This is the real thing. He is, at best, marginal in the NFL.

He lacks certain skills, this is true. But he never quits and he can rally a team to push harder.

I understand that he is not a great NFL QB. But your dislike of him smacks of so much more.

From wikipedia:

"Tebow envisioned a foundation to give back to others during his college career, and he, along with other University of Florida students, created First and 15, raising funds for Uncle Dick's Orphanage[clarification needed] in the Philippines, founded by his father's nonprofit association, the Bob Tebow Evangelistic Association.[157] He also raised money for Shands Hospital pediatric cancer center in Gainesville and a Disney trip for disadvantaged children. Upon graduation from University of Florida, Tebow launched the Tim Tebow Foundation in January 2010.[158] In 2013 Tim Tebow was designated a Great Floridian by Florida Governor Rick Scott in recognition of his “major contributions to the progress and welfare" of Florida.[159]
Tebow CURE Hospital
CURE and the Tebow Foundation announced plans to build a children's hospital in the fall of 2011 in the Philippines, the country where Tebow was born. The Tebow CURE Hospital in Davao City, on the island of Mindanao, will hold 30 beds and will specialize in orthopedics. Construction began in January 2012 and it is expected to open in mid-2013. CURE's 12th hospital worldwide, they hope to heal deformities such as clubfoot, untreated burns, hydrocephalus and other conditions correctable with surgery. The cost of the project, $3 million, will come from donations from CURE and the Tebow Foundation. The hospital will include a "Timmy's Playroom"."

Using his fame to raise awareness and money for two medical charities. What a greedy bastard!

He lacks certain skills, this is true. But he never quits and he can rally a team to push harder.

I understand that he is not a great NFL QB. But your dislike of him smacks of so much more.

He sure didn't rally the Patriots to push harder last night, did he?

From wikipedia:

"Tebow envisioned a foundation to give back to others during his college career, and he, along with other University of Florida students, created First and 15, raising funds for Uncle Dick's Orphanage[clarification needed] in the Philippines, founded by his father's nonprofit association, the Bob Tebow Evangelistic Association.[157] He also raised money for Shands Hospital pediatric cancer center in Gainesville and a Disney trip for disadvantaged children. Upon graduation from University of Florida, Tebow launched the Tim Tebow Foundation in January 2010.[158] In 2013 Tim Tebow was designated a Great Floridian by Florida Governor Rick Scott in recognition of his “major contributions to the progress and welfare" of Florida.[159]
Tebow CURE Hospital
CURE and the Tebow Foundation announced plans to build a children's hospital in the fall of 2011 in the Philippines, the country where Tebow was born. The Tebow CURE Hospital in Davao City, on the island of Mindanao, will hold 30 beds and will specialize in orthopedics. Construction began in January 2012 and it is expected to open in mid-2013. CURE's 12th hospital worldwide, they hope to heal deformities such as clubfoot, untreated burns, hydrocephalus and other conditions correctable with surgery. The cost of the project, $3 million, will come from donations from CURE and the Tebow Foundation. The hospital will include a "Timmy's Playroom"."

Using his fame to raise awareness and money for two medical charities. What a greedy bastard!

I know all about the foundation and commend the family for it, not Tim. And let me make it clear the greed I was speaking of didn't involve the foundation, that was set up by his father long before he started playing football and later expanded when he got rich.

I'm also wondering why the Foundation was reorganized last year as a "Foreign Non Profit"?
Was for all the extensive tax breaks they get or is his charity primarily dealing with the Philippines?

I can think of a lot of families that need his charity right here in the good ol' USA.

He sure didn't rally the Patriots to push harder last night, did he?

I know all about the foundation and commend the family for it, not Tim. And let me make it clear the greed I was speaking of didn't involve the foundation, that was set up by his father long before he started playing football and later expanded when he got rich.

I'm also wondering why the Foundation was reorganized last year as a "Foreign Non Profit"?
Was for all the extensive tax breaks they get or is his charity primarily dealing with the Philippines?

I can think of a lot of families that need his charity right here in the good ol' USA.

Were you asleep during the 2011 NFL season?

While we're on the subject of TeBOW's charities, why are the helping the Filipinos and not poor Americans? Because some of those poor Americans are **shudder** black?

And, yes, I understand the family was missionaries in the Philippines, but only until Timmy turned three.

I wonder how many big brown brothers and sisters Timmy's got in the Philippines?

While we're on the subject of TeBOW's charities, why are the helping the Filipinos and not poor Americans? Because some of those poor Americans are **shudder** black?

And, yes, I understand the family was missionaries in the Philippines, but only until Timmy turned three.

I wonder how many big brown brothers and sisters Timmy's got in the Philippines?

Pretty sure a racist would see no difference between blacks and Filipinos. Fuck you.

Weak. He's done more for others than you, so you try the "If I belittle him it makes me bigger" attack? Seriously, Howey. How many white Philippians you think he's helped?

Let's cut through Howeys bullshit. He hates Tebow because Tebow is an evangelical. As such Howey assumes that Tebow hates queers, even though Tebow has never said or done anything derogatory toward queers.

Howey is merely being bigoted against Tebow's religion. Howey merely highlights what a bigot he is. If Tebow were black, Howey wouldn't say shit.

These douchetips act like Tebow is the first religious person to play a professional sport. I have had heard many a professional athlete say "First I would like to thank my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ". Troy Polamalu does the sign of the cross after EVERY play. But Howey doesn't say shit about that does he?

One other aspect about irrational Tebow hatred is that he makes scumbags like Howey feel bad about themselves because Tebow is a truly good person.

Is he a great QB? Nope. But, he was one hell of a college football player. He isn't the first college football player to not pan out in the NFL.

It is hilarious seeing a panty waist like Howey who probably throws worse than a girl criticize a decent man like Tebow.

I say this as someone who despised Tebow during his college days because he kicked the shit out of my LSU Tigers.

Lastly. Fuck you Howey.

Now this is just hostile silliness. The people are doing good work. And you want to try and hint that they are racist? WTF?

And the fact that they are filling a critical need in another country somehow gives you something to bitch about? Perhaps the Tebow family are not isolationists and are not so callous about the rest of the world.

Guys I was just yanking your chains about the charity stuff. Chill.

Look, He's a local boy, I don't hate him. I just think he's a little annoying with the prosetylizing and can't figure out why no NFL team wants him.

And trust me when I say the Jags could use him around if only to get ppl in the turnstiles and sell some jerseys.
He'll, even my team the Jaguars didn't want him and that's where he's from!

Back