Burt Reynolds Death

He also never took himself seriously, as another poster pointed out.

But he was serious about becoming a good actor. In his autobiography he talks about his early years on TV and watching very carefully in an adjoining studio while Spencer Tracy filmed a movie and asking him for advice.

That same truck trailer with the picture of horses (or a replica) appeared in an episode of "Walking Dead."

"Reynolds also had a particularly bittersweet anecdote about taking an acting class with Marilyn Monroe as an up-and-comer in the late 1950s. He would walk with her from 58th Street to the Actors Studio, he said, surprised by the blonde icon’s quietude. “She didn’t say much, but she didn’t have to,” he recalled in a March interview with Conan O’Brien. He was also surprised to see that one of the most famous women in the world wasn’t getting swarmed on the street. “How come they don’t jump up and down?” he asked her, referring to the people breezing past her. “She said, ‘Oh—do you wanna see her?” And with that, the actress threw her shoulders back and started strutting with purpose. Within 20 feet, she was “surrounded by about 40 people,” Reynolds said. “I liked her so much . . . she was so real and sweet and kind.”

But he was serious about becoming a good actor. In his autobiography he talks about his early years on TV and watching very carefully in an adjoining studio while Spencer Tracy filmed a movie and asking him for advice.

That same truck trailer with the picture of horses (or a replica) appeared in an episode of "Walking Dead."

"Reynolds also had a particularly bittersweet anecdote about taking an acting class with Marilyn Monroe as an up-and-comer in the late 1950s. He would walk with her from 58th Street to the Actors Studio, he said, surprised by the blonde icon’s quietude. “She didn’t say much, but she didn’t have to,” he recalled in a March interview with Conan O’Brien. He was also surprised to see that one of the most famous women in the world wasn’t getting swarmed on the street. “How come they don’t jump up and down?” he asked her, referring to the people breezing past her. “She said, ‘Oh—do you wanna see her?” And with that, the actress threw her shoulders back and started strutting with purpose. Within 20 feet, she was “surrounded by about 40 people,” Reynolds said. “I liked her so much . . . she was so real and sweet and kind.”
It’s curious that he turned down so many roles that brought fame to the actors that took them.

d877da52286652a124da1cb0c94404a1.jpg

My favorite Reynold's character.
QUINT.

Great show

I grew up watching that show.
The character Quint was of mixed race, half Cherokee, allowing the writers to deal with racial conflicts in the old west, to a limited degree.
As usual there were always moral lessons to be learned while being entertained by the action.

I had almost forgotten what a fox Amanda Blake was back in the day.
Almost.

I'm bummed. Burt may not have been the greatest actor but he sure was fun to watch and a great entertainer.
RIP Bandit.

I know it. It isn't often that we're gifted with an actor that women crush on and our menfolk admire and want to be like! Burt was a great entertainer. And super hot too (even though I know your disdain for fuzz lol):

l6Nmq0H.jpg

On a side note: For those of you who thought that the rigs used in SATB 1 and 2 were the same because of the mural, think again. The tractor used in the 1977 movie, coupled to the Hobbs trailer was a 1973 Kenworth W-900 with the single sleeper. The 1980 version was a one off 1980 GMC General with the only double bunk sleeper GM ever made coupled to a Freuhauf, I believe.

Back