Bush: Be Proud I Didn't Cancel The Election Until Safe For Republican Victory!

Prakosh

From Saturday’s presidential radio address:

President Bush: "One freedom that defines our way of life is the freedom to choose our leaders at the ballot box. We saw that freedom earlier this week, when millions of Americans went to the polls to cast their votes for a new Congress. Whatever your opinion of the outcome, all Americans can take pride in the example our democracy sets for the world by holding elections even in a time of war."

Wow, this from the guy who showered such lavish praise on the Iraqis for voting during their war, but we are somehow to take pride in the fact that we voted during a war that except for the living standard of our children’s children has required no sacrifice. We should be "proud" that the federal government didn’t cancel our elections? I guess we should be glad that the Bush administration unlike Rudy Guiliani in New York City, didn’t try to use the war as an excuse to interrupt the democratic process by canceling the election? Or maybe the Bush administration asked Guiliani to try it to see how it would fly in New York City. Maybe when they saw what happened to Guiliani in New York they decided they couldn’t postpone elections anywhere else in America.

I sort of thought we always held elections in time of war or not....
Another example of bush's low grades in Civics.

Back