Bush routinely lies & exaggerates to keep troops in Iraq

Onceler

Sorry is this was already posted. I didn't hear about it too much in the MSM, and certainly not on shows like O'Reilly's, who are much more concerned with a rich guy talking about poverty than they are with someone lying to perpetuate an unjust war:

"In his continuing attempts to justify escalation of the war in Iraq, President Bush has resorted to historical analogy, warning that a hasty retreat from the Middle East would trigger a bloodbath as it did in Cambodia and Vietnam in the 1970s. Not only is the comparison faulty, it is historically inaccurate."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/outlook/5079389.html

Isn't it ironic that the most memorable part of Bush's 2000 campaign was the successful effort to portray Gore as a "dangerous exaggerator?"

Looks like its going to work AGIAN, the media seems like they are going to lap up a pinprick of good news and use it to browbeat the country into getting more Americans killed and More American dollars flushed down the toilet that is Iraq.

I fear the people just are not smart enough to realise what is being done. Maybe its the timing of the thing "back to school", "Hoilidays arround the corner" we seem to be nothing but a country full of marketing campaigns which unfortunately keep fucking working.

I am so very tired of this stupidity.

It's time to start calling dishonesty for what it is.

I'm sick of Bush's enablers defending this stuff & allowing him to continue to get away with it. He's creating a correlation & a fear which is not supported by the historical facts or the nature of the present-day conflict. It's propoganda at best, but at it's heart, it's a lie....

Say what..............

It's time to start calling dishonesty for what it is.

I'm sick of Bush's enablers defending this stuff & allowing him to continue to get away with it. He's creating a correlation & a fear which is not supported by the historical facts or the nature of the present-day conflict. It's propoganda at best, but at it's heart, it's a lie....

No one is enabling GW...You made a obtuse accusation..I countered with facts...wtf is your problemo other than a obsession with GW ?:rolleyes:

Sorry is this was already posted. I didn't hear about it too much in the MSM, and certainly not on shows like O'Reilly's, who are much more concerned with a rich guy talking about poverty than they are with someone lying to perpetuate an unjust war:

"In his continuing attempts to justify escalation of the war in Iraq, President Bush has resorted to historical analogy, warning that a hasty retreat from the Middle East would trigger a bloodbath as it did in Cambodia and Vietnam in the 1970s. Not only is the comparison faulty, it is historically inaccurate."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/editorial/outlook/5079389.html

Isn't it ironic that the most memorable part of Bush's 2000 campaign was the successful effort to portray Gore as a "dangerous exaggerator?"

They are rewriting the history of Vietnam and the American withdrawal, in advance of their planned rewriting of the Iraqi war. In both cases, it will all be the fault of "the liberals".

Our military commanders are saying that we must draw down troops by this coming spring. We simply do not have them. So, after all of this singing and tap dancing there are only two possibilities. Bush is going to start drawing down and soon, and this is all to place the blame for whatever happens afterwards on "the liberals and defeatocrats", or...Bush is not going to draw down, and if he does not draw down by spring we will need a draft. How would they get the political will for a draft? That is the question that should be keeping people up nights. And out of the subways.

HUH..............!

They are rewriting the history of Vietnam and the American withdrawal, in advance of their planned rewriting of the Iraqi war. In both cases, it will all be the fault of "the liberals".

Our military commanders are saying that we must draw down troops by this coming spring. We simply do not have them. So, after all of this singing and tap dancing there are only two possibilities. Bush is going to start drawing down and soon, and this is all to place the blame for whatever happens afterwards on "the liberals and defeatocrats", or...Bush is not going to draw down, and if he does not draw down by spring we will need a draft. How would they get the political will for a draft? That is the question that should be keeping people up nights. And out of the subways.

who is rewriting History on the VN war?? Please post a link...I have to see this!

Back