Bush says we're not winning in Iraq??

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
U.S. not winning war in Iraq, Bush says
President seeking expansion of Army, Marine Corps

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16275638/

"President Bush acknowledged for the first time yesterday that the United States is not winning the war in Iraq and said he plans to expand the overall size of the "stressed" U.S. armed forces to meet the challenges of a long-term global struggle against terrorists [that we plan to create] ."

Man, this is news to me.:shock:
How are you apologists handling the news?

He admits we're not winning but refuses to deal with it in any rational way. Increase the size of the military? What the fuck for? Terrorists aren't going to be impressed -- or deterred -- by the size of our military any more than they'll swoon over how well Shrubbie fills out his blue jeans.

Well, okay: aside from Dixie, anyway.

It's not just in his appearance that Dubya is living proof of our close family relationship with the great apes. Most primates have two reactions to fear:

1) Gibbering, screaming and cringing
2) Puffing up the chest, banding together and making threats

Behavior (2) frequently follows behavior (1), but then (1) is repeated if (2) fails to drive the predator/cameraman/scary bird off.

We don't need a bigger, longer more manly military. It's all in how you use it, George, not the size.

He admits we're not winning but refuses to deal with it in any rational way. Increase the size of the military? What the fuck for? Terrorists aren't going to be impressed -- or deterred -- by the size of our military any more than they'll swoon over how well Shrubbie fills out his blue jeans.

Well, okay: aside from Dixie, anyway.

It's not just in his appearance that Dubya is living proof of our close family relationship with the great apes. Most primates have two reactions to fear:

1) Gibbering, screaming and cringing
2) Puffing up the chest, banding together and making threats

Behavior (2) frequently follows behavior (1), but then (1) is repeated if (2) fails to drive the predator/cameraman/scary bird off.

We don't need a bigger, longer more manly military. It's all in how you use it, George, not the size.

ROFL-time!

He admits we're not winning but refuses to deal with it in any rational way. Increase the size of the military? What the f
*&k for? Terrorists aren't going to be impressed -- or deterred -- by the size of our military any more than they'll swoon over how well Shrubbie fills out his blue jeans.

Now that I've stopped laughing, I think I can respond. Ok!

You've hit the nail on the head here and touched on teh intrinsic problem with the Bush strategy: Fighting Terrorism with traditional warfare.

He needs to concentrate on beefing up intel, special ops, and our spying capabilities. Military might won't do a d@mn thing but incite even more of a rallying cause and position US to be a scapegoat for everything that goes wrong in Iraq regardless of our hand in it.

We should put the Bush strategy to the test. Every summer in my apartment we get these little bugs. Instead of calling an exterminator, I think next time, I'll go out get an AK47 and blow the buggers to pieces.

from Lady T's article:

Bush said: "We're not winning, but we're not losing"

What kind of gibberish is this? This is pure Dixie-esque spin.

from Lady T's article:

Bush said: "We're not winning, but we're not losing"

What kind of gibberish is this? This is pure Dixie-esque spin.

LOL, I guess we're tied with Al Queda or Al Sadr or who ever. How big is our defense budget again?

Unacceptable.

And we will be paying for this war for the next 60 years or so as well. Tens of thousands of Vets are disabled and will be getting medical care and disability pay for the rest fo their lives. they deserve it, but that will not make the bill any easier to pay. Plus we have to restore our equipment to prewar levels and reliability...

What ever happended to the "total victory" rhetoric anyway ?

Back