Bush Wants To Raise My Taxes

LadyT

JPP Modarater
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/02/24/bush.radio.ap/index.html

Or encourage me to get the $hittier health insurance plan.

"Tax breaks would encourage people to buy cheaper plans"

If he really wants to make it equal why not just let people deduct all medical bills including premiums and copays and get rid of that stupid 7.5% stipulation in the tax code. Now that would help America. Not this. I hope it fails miserably.

Yep, this is a typical Bush mess. Misleading to the Bush standard.
Corps have gotten complete tax writeoffs on health care insurance for years, why not the workers as well. I could use a $9,600 tax write off each year.

Lets see if this also applies to Bush and congress ?

LadyT, If you are referring to you untaxed insurance benefits from you employer, well they are part of your compensation package for employment.
Why should one get their Insurance benefits tax free and others have to purchase their insurance with post tax money ?

LadyT, If you are referring to you untaxed insurance benefits from you employer, well they are part of your compensation package for employment.
Why should one get their Insurance benefits tax free and others have to purchase their insurance with post tax money ?

Bush is saying he wants to make all things equal. I'm proposing letting others purchase insurance on a pre-tax basis. As a matter of fact I fully support deductions for all medical expenses. That would make things equally fair.

Definitely not optional surgery. But copayments for regular check-ups, premiums, prescriptions, etc should be included. Or surgery as a direct result of an injury or illness should be included as well - IMO. The current restrictions are way too much its like over 7.5% of your adjusted gross income.

Speaking of taxes. Did anyone here about the telecommucations credit you can get back if you had a phone line from 2003 - 2006? I'm thinking about calling up my carriers and getting a summary bill for the credits. Otherwise, I think you only can get up to like a $50 tax credit depending on how many standard deductions you take.

I would just be tickled to death to get to deduct my insurance premiums....
My prescriptions and copays are about $100 per month.

I would however like to see 100% medical deductions for the elderly and poor.

I think everyone should get deductions for routine and medically necessary procedures along with prescriptions. Even the rich.

Back