california is going to be a king maker

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
I don't think any of the GOP candidates will have a majority of delegates before the California primary, which is winner take all. That being the case California will determine, essentially, if we get Trump or an open convention.

The last time there was an open convention was in 68 due to Bobby Kennedy's assassination the anti-war delegates had a strong majority but since Kennedy was dead and McCarthy didn't have a majority LBJ and Richard Daily pulled some strings in some smoke filled room and Herbert Humphrey was declared the Nominee. Rioting ensued. The Democratic party had betrayed a majority of their constituents and those constituents were pissed.

If it goes to an open primary on the GOP side and such back room negotiations deny Trump the nomination, assuming he wins a plurality of delegates, there will be rioting and I wouldn't blame Trump supporters one bit for being pissed.

I don't think any of the GOP candidates will have a majority of delegates before the California primary, which is winner take all. That being the case California will determine, essentially, if we get Trump or an open convention.

The last time there was an open convention was in 68 due to Bobby Kennedy's assassination the anti-war delegates had a strong majority but since Kennedy was dead and McCarthy didn't have a majority LBJ and Richard Daily pulled some strings in some smoke filled room and Herbert Humphrey was declared the Nominee. Rioting ensued. The Democratic party had betrayed a majority of their constituents and those constituents were pissed.

If it goes to an open primary on the GOP side and such back room negotiations deny Trump the nomination, assuming he wins a plurality of delegates, there will be rioting and I wouldn't blame Trump supporters one bit for being pissed.

Hate to be pedantic, lying through his teeth, but wasn't his name Hubert?

Are you saying, Dump the Hump could become Dump the Trump?

Sweet, my vote might actually count in a national election if that was to be the case.
May I ask who would vote for? I"m still not completely decided. On the one hand I think Kasich is the only one of the four left on the GOP side even remotely qualified to be POTUS and it would be an honor for Ohio to have Kasich as a nominee....he's still a long shot. On the other hand...implementation of foreign policy is a Presidents most important job and the only one of the 6 remaining candidates who can be trusted on foreign affairs is Bernie.

May I ask who would vote for? I"m still not completely decided. On the one hand I think Kasich is the only one of the four left on the GOP side even remotely qualified to be POTUS and it would be an honor for Ohio to have Kasich as a nominee....he's still a long shot. On the other hand...foreign policy is a Presidents most important job and the only one of the 6 remaining candidates who can be trusted on foreign affairs is Bernie.

Don't know yet. I just know it won't be Trump.

(and no I wouldn't trust Bernie on foreign affairs)

Don't know yet. I just know it won't be Trump.

(and no I wouldn't trust Bernie on foreign affairs)
Yea I'm not going to vote for Trump. I have a strong urge to do so just to be a trouble maker and because I have a sense of humor but the better angels of my nature are telling me not to do that.

So you're all for immoral wars and military adventurism? I'm not basing my comments about Bernie on passion or ideology he has factually proven that he is the only one who can be trusted not to get this nation into an unneeded and unwanted foreign war. Clinton, Kasich, Trump, Rubio and Cruz all have demonstrated that they are untrustworthy on that issue as they either voted for or publically supported the immoral war in Iraq. Bernie was the only one of these candidates to have done the right thing in the run up to the Iraq war. He has proven his trustworthiness in foreign affairs. The others have not. That is simply a statement of fact.

Bernie can not get done what hilary can get done

I love me some Bernie

Hilary is all entrenched and ready to call on her massive troops country wide to set all in motion the march forward

Bernie would be a Carter repeat

good decent man who cant get people in motion

Bernie can not get done what hilary can get done

I love me some Bernie

Hilary is all entrenched and ready to call on her massive troops country wide to set all in motion the march forward

Bernie would be a Carter repeat

good decent man who cant get people in motion
Desh...you're starting to sound like Skidmark.

Yea I'm not going to vote for Trump. I have a strong urge to do so just to be a trouble maker and because I have a sense of humor but the better angels of my nature are telling me not to do that.

So you're all for immoral wars and military adventurism? I'm not basing my comments about Bernie on passion or ideology he has factually proven that he is the only one who can be trusted not to get this nation into an unneeded and unwanted foreign war. Clinton, Kasich, Trump, Rubio and Cruz all have demonstrated that they are untrustworthy on that issue as they either voted for or publically supported the immoral war in Iraq. Bernie was the only one of these candidates to have done the right thing in the run up to the Iraq war. He has proven his trustworthiness in foreign affairs. The others have not. That is simply a statement of fact.

Bernie's whole foreign policy is he voted against Iraq. Congrats on him doing so but not a foreign policy does that make. Obama spoke out against the Iraq War as well. Didn't make him a foreign policy leader

Any patriotic American should do anything within their power to deny Trump a platform his views. Anyone who supports Trump is a traitor to this country and will be shot in the coming revolution. Trump proves that democracy has run its course and can no longer be trusted to reliably run this country. Patriotic Americans oppose Trump, and Trump supporters are non-Americans.

Reported to Secret Service

Bernie's whole foreign policy is he voted against Iraq. Congrats on him doing so but not a foreign policy does that make. Obama spoke out against the Iraq War as well. Didn't make him a foreign policy leader
That's not true. If you look at Bernies foreign policy priorities you'll see that they're really main stream Democrat though it appears that the Democrats have come around to his way of thinking and not the other way around.

In other words I trust Bernie one hell of a lot more than I trust Clinton, Trump and particularly Cruz, to keep us out of a war.

Back