California outpacing U.S. on job growth

Legion Troll

A fine upstanding poster
635804583397539323-GTY-486482284.jpg

HOW CAN THIS BE? I THOUGHT HIGHER WAGES & TAXES WERE JOB KILLERS

The state continued to outpace the country in job growth, adding 450,200 jobs since April 2015. Employment in California increased by 2.8% in the last 12 months, compared with 1.9% for the national economy. The state's job growth last month nearly doubled the increase in April 2015.

"The gain is one of the highest we’ve had in 20 years," said Michael S. Bernick, a former Employment Development Department director. "It is a very strong time. It isn’t limited to one sector, it's across sectors, that’s very important in terms of its sustainability."

Some of the state’s largest labor markets have rebounded to levels last seen before the Great Recession. Los Angeles County posted an unemployment rate of 4.7%.

In the Bay Area, the jobs scene is rivaling that of the dot-com boom of the early 2000s.

Ten industries boosted job growth statewide in April, adding 61,400 positions in total. Professional services, which has seen some of the strongest job gains in the state since the recovery, posted the largest gain, adding 17,900 jobs, or about 30% of the total net increase.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-california-april-jobs-20160519-snap-story.html

could it be because all the other states had their job recovery before April of 2015 and therefore, in the last year California was the final state to gain back some of the jobs they lost.....I remember back in the 2012 elections a dozen states were bragging about leading the country in job growth......

could it be because all the other states had their job recovery before April of 2015 and therefore, in the last year California was the final state to gain back some of the jobs they lost.....I remember back in the 2012 elections a dozen states were bragging about leading the country in job growth......

Now all you've got to do is go find some actual numbers to corroborate your little fantasy.

Back