California to legalize human composting by 2027 as residents seek environmentally healthy burials

signalmankenneth

Verified User
California has already voted to legalize the composting of human remains in 2027, but some residents are not willing to wait that long.

The Los Angeles Times wrote about California resident Blaire Van Valkenburgh being one of a growing number of residents composting the remains of their loved ones, "But this kind of burial — natural organic reduction — won’t be legal in California until 2027, so Van Valkenburgh paid to fly her husband’s body to Washington, the first state to legalize human composting in 2020."

Until 2027, it appears that there will be a budding industry of collaboration to facilitate compost burials for those who live in California. "n the first of what will probably be other such collaborations, the family-owned Clarity Funerals and Cremation in Anaheim has partnered with Return Home to offer a package deal for people in Southern California who want to compost their loved ones in Washington," the LA Times wrote.

The same outlet reported that currently, the three human composting mortuaries operating in Washington "have reported steady business from out-of-state customers, especially Californians, who are either flying or driving their deceased loved ones north."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-legalize-human-composting-2027-112633533.html

1716589533332.png
1716589886095.png

z22nt.jpg

California has already voted to legalize the composting of human remains in 2027, but some residents are not willing to wait that long.

The Los Angeles Times wrote about California resident Blaire Van Valkenburgh being one of a growing number of residents composting the remains of their loved ones, "But this kind of burial — natural organic reduction — won’t be legal in California until 2027, so Van Valkenburgh paid to fly her husband’s body to Washington, the first state to legalize human composting in 2020."

Until 2027, it appears that there will be a budding industry of collaboration to facilitate compost burials for those who live in California. "n the first of what will probably be other such collaborations, the family-owned Clarity Funerals and Cremation in Anaheim has partnered with Return Home to offer a package deal for people in Southern California who want to compost their loved ones in Washington," the LA Times wrote.

The same outlet reported that currently, the three human composting mortuaries operating in Washington "have reported steady business from out-of-state customers, especially Californians, who are either flying or driving their deceased loved ones north."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-legalize-human-composting-2027-112633533.html

View attachment 26500
View attachment 26503
They are full of shit

I'll soon be ashes in an urn, but I'm not fertilizer for anything.

The wife and I decided to donate our bodies to a university medical center donation program. Not like I expect to be preserved as a particularly stellar example of the human condition, but others may learn from my mistakes.

The wife and I decided to donate our bodies to a university medical center donation program. Not like I expect to be preserved as a particularly stellar example of the human condition, but others may learn from my mistakes.
More like others will make mistakes on you while learning...

View attachment 26500
View attachment 26503
I guess one good thing you can say about mobsters is their commitment to environmental sustainability - they've been composting human remains since the beginning of time :)

I will need to see some evidence that this is being driven by citizen demand, because I tend to doubt it.

It's CALIFORNIA...OF COURSE it's citizen demand. LOL. :)

This is yet another topic that exposes how dumb the dumbest amongst are.

Look at Terry's post above which shows he believes that somehow filling a body with chemicals and putting them in a wood box before putting them in the ground to compost back into the soil somehow is superior to just composting the body without the chemicals or wood box.

Long before body composting arose as an option i would say to my family just dig a big hole by a tree somewhere and drop my body in and let nature take it course and use the tree as my memorial spot.

While i knew legally they could not do it, that would be my choice. Currently i have prepaid for cremation but i would prefer and change to composting if that option becomes open to me.

In case you were confused, my post was a simple joke. I get it, though, so few people on this forum have the ability to dislodge the fuckin' pole in their asses long enough to let a joke pass without insult.

Look at Terry's post above which shows he believes that somehow filling a body with chemicals and putting them in a wood box before putting them in the ground to compost back into the soil somehow is superior to just composting the body without the chemicals or wood box.

Long before body composting arose as an option i would say to my family just dig a big hole by a tree somewhere and drop my body in and let nature take it course and use the tree as my memorial spot.

While i knew legally they could not do it, that would be my choice. Currently i have prepaid for cremation but i would prefer and change to composting if that option becomes open to me.
And yet, another example of the radical Left having zero sense of humor...

View attachment 26500
View attachment 26503

Very sad. They are reducing being human to nothing more than fertilizer. If leftists had brains, they could see where their lunacy is going with this.

Back