Cam Newton

Jarod was bragging about having a big year financially. He's an Auburn alum maybe he's the one who paid him?

Who would go to auburn without getting paid?

I mean, its auburn fer chrissakes.

reports out of Dallas he'll be suspended in hours.
His dad is on tape saying not enough money.
Scam Newton goes down, if he's not kicked out voters won't want a Bush repeat so the Oregon kid gets it. And the AP loves to undervote SEC teams Auburn will slip to 3rd.

We will soon find out if Auburn is a university with a football team or a football team that justifies its existence with a university.

If they don't bench Cam they are fools.

We will soon find out if Auburn is a university with a football team or a football team that justifies its existence with a university.

If they don't bench Cam they are fools.

Here's what I think... They won't bench Cam, because without him, they will not win games anyway. At least by playing him, there is the chance this will all blow over and go away, and they get to keep all the wins. At this point, it would look like they are admitting to the allegations, if they benched him. I think they will continue to play him, and hope for the best. It's really their only option at this point.

What will be interesting, is how this might effect his game. If he really is guilty of wrongdoing, and he knows he is about to get caught up in an intense investigation, it could certainly start to spill over on the field. It's really going to be funny if Auburn wins yet another National Championship with an asterisk beside it. Poor saps can't catch a break!

Here's what I think... They won't bench Cam, because without him, they will not win games anyway. At least by playing him, there is the chance this will all blow over and go away, and they get to keep all the wins. At this point, it would look like they are admitting to the allegations, if they benched him. I think they will continue to play him, and hope for the best. It's really their only option at this point.

What will be interesting, is how this might effect his game. If he really is guilty of wrongdoing, and he knows he is about to get caught up in an intense investigation, it could certainly start to spill over on the field. It's really going to be funny if Auburn wins yet another National Championship with an asterisk beside it. Poor saps can't catch a break!

The problem is, prior to this past week there was not enough information to back up the allegations. In the last week there have been several new witnesses and more information come out. If they bench him now, their season is shot but they can claim they didn't know. If they play him now, there will be additional sanctions and penalties in the future.

The problem is, prior to this past week there was not enough information to back up the allegations. In the last week there have been several new witnesses and more information come out. If they bench him now, their season is shot but they can claim they didn't know. If they play him now, there will be additional sanctions and penalties in the future.

Claim "they didn't know" what, exactly? They didn't know they paid him to play for Auburn? From AU's perspective, it's much better to deny any of the allegations, and hope the NCAA can't prove anything.

Cecil Newton has confessed! Reportedly he confessed to asking for money for his son to play at MS State. Cam is toast!!

Cecil Newton has confessed! Reportedly he confessed to asking for money for his son to play at MS State. Cam is toast!!

Absolutely nothing is going to happen Auburn. Nothing. It was Reggie Bush's step dad who ignatiated the contact with the wanna be marketing agent felon that got USC in trouble. Cam Newton's dad doing something similar? Nothing will happen.

Back