Can a microwave oven power a toy helicopter?

This was Telsa's dream wasn't it? Practical applications of transmitting voltage and remotely creating a current without the use of conductors?

An insanely complicated way to transmit electrical power. Good job.

That's what science experiments are all about. Some of the most difficult projects I was asked to perform in high school were in freshman physical science class (I never understood why that was...), and it was generally about doing something really complicated to accomplish a simple outcome.

This was Telsa's dream wasn't it? Practical applications of transmitting voltage and remotely creating a current without the use of conductors?

Well, we've known how to do it for a long time. The reason no one sets them up is because it's a rather obvious hazard. And it's probably not nearly as efficient as a copper wire.

That's what science experiments are all about. Some of the most difficult projects I was asked to perform in high school were in freshman physical science class (I never understood why that was...), and it was generally about doing something really complicated to accomplish a simple outcome.

Like rolling a ball down a ramp in just the right way to get it to hit a quarter on the floor? That took us an hour and a half, to do something we could have done in ten minutes the obvious way of trial and error.

But Noooo! Thomas Edison had to fry an elephant just to show how dangerous Tesla's ideas were......the prick.

Back