Everyday, I'm more tired
from the sleep debt i've acquired
I Cannot sleep
And I've Counted sheep
But my eyes still burn
when I toss and turn
I wish something rhymed with ambien
I really need some ambien

Sleep depravity can become a self defeating cycle. Take two Advil PM's for the next 3 nights. Try and take them at the same time each night when you are absolutely ready for sleep. Anxiety is the number one cause of sleep troubles.

Sleep depravity can become a self defeating cycle. Take two Advil PM's for the next 3 nights. Try and take them at the same time each night when you are absolutely ready for sleep. Anxiety is the number one cause of sleep troubles.
True. I had some serious anxiety issues last night over some work related shit and I could barely sleep last night.

Here's how I've been managing to get to sleep for the past few months:

1. Put on some awful, boring music that won't distract you into waking up and paying attention to it.

2. Take 5mg Melatonin. Make sure you get it in mg, not mcg (they actually sell this stuff in micrograms).

The melatonin seems to work better at actually getting me to sleep than Unisom, Benadryl, etc.. etc.. often when I'd used to take those I'd lie awake for hours in bed, thinking, unable to go to sleep but to tired to get out of bed.

Also, it's pretty difficult to go to sleep once you've started drinking. You just can't feel tired. If you start drinking, and then stop at some point, and wait about an hour for your BAC to start dropping, it'll knock you out, though.

You could take two beers an hour before bed, then put on some boring music, and take the melatonin, all at once. See how that works.

Grind is sort of ADD like me. When you put your head down, you start thinking about things and can't go to sleep.

But in the past few months I've been getting good sleep because of the melatonin + boring music routine. I don't think it's ever failed to put me to sleep.

Grind is sort of ADD like me. When you put your head down, you start thinking about things and can't go to sleep.

But in the past few months I've been getting good sleep because of the melatonin + boring music routine. I don't think it's ever failed to put me to sleep.
Watermark is right Damo, I do that shit too!

I close my eyes and I start thinking of things like;

If vegetable oil can be converted into biodiesel can lard be converted into hair gel?

Is plaid really a color?

If life is like a butterfly does it stand to reason that death is like a burnt moth?

Why do they call it "leap year"? Isn't "add a day" more accurate?

Mary Ann or Ginger? Mary ann! Mary Ann or Genie? Genie! Roseanne or Hillary Clinton? ARRRGGGHHHHH

Last edited:
Back