Can't Laura Intervene?

Cypress

Will work for Scooby snacks
Seriously, what do you do when you have a president who's quite literally insane? Who's living off in some parallel fantasy universe?

Interventions didn't work with Bush. They may work with alcoholics and drug addicts. But, I think we're past interventions now: Poppy's old friends sat him down, gave him the Iraq Study Group report which showed Dubuya, a way out of Iraq. Bush blew the report and Poppy's friends off, and escalted the war anyway.

Bush's former collegues and some prominent republicans have pratically begged him (courteously of course) to start backing out of iraq.

The american people sent him a message in an election, about what they wanted. A congress sent him a withdrawl bill. Which he petulantly vetoed.

I mean, can his wife Laura just take him aside one night, and tell him that he's gone quite literally out of his mind, and can she order him to get out of Iraq?

Or, is that not the type of marriage they have? Maybe Laura bakes cookies, and just stays out of the way.

thoughts?

I believe the stories that she's a chain-smoker who is popping xanaxes. I think she looks and acts as if she's in a stupor.

The Republican party could so something, if they gathered enough of them together and paid a little visit to his office.

I wouldn't want a President's wife to have that kind of sway anyway.

Imagine if Bill had listened to Hillary through the 90s.

*Shudder*

I wouldn't want a President's wife to have that kind of sway anyway.

Imagine if Bill had listened to Hillary through the 90s.

*Shudder*

Pffftttt.

You'll understand when you get older, and have a spouse.

A wife can be a man's best counselor. Shit, I think California is practically being run in tandem by Schwarzzenneger and his Kennedy wife, Maria.

Bill, i don't care if you don't wanna. Get down there and get busy with that fat intern.

LOL. Right, obviously not about that, but Warren seemed to be saying he didn't listen to her ideas and opinions on actual issues. I highly doubt that is the case.

Laura - you mean the woman who said talk about stem cell research gives millions "false hope"?

This is probably unfair, since she can't change the genetics of how her eyes turned out, but she has the vacant, blindly adoring expression of the classic Stepford wife every time I see her...

Bill and Hil married each ohter in part because of the wise council.

Its funny how young unmarrieds see this as a negative.

I guess that is part of growing up and learing how to have an adult relationship.

Laura - you mean the woman who said talk about stem cell research gives millions "false hope"?

This is probably unfair, since she can't change the genetics of how her eyes turned out, but she has the vacant, blindly adoring expression of the classic Stepford wife every time I see her...

Yep. It's either genetics as you say, or she's tranqed up as others say.

Damn. You're right. I guess I was just hoping beyond hope, that a wife could steer a crazed husband away from jumping off the cliff. No one else has been able to talk sense into him.

And, I alos thought about what influence the bush twins might have over their daddy...could they talk sense into him? But, then I concluded that their interests pretty much lie in the realm of adult beverages: margaritas and such. I'm not sure they actually give a shit about what's going on in iraq.

Last edited:
Bill and Hil married each ohter in part because of the wise council.

Its funny how young unmarrieds see this as a negative.

I guess that is part of growing up and learing how to have an adult relationship.

Oh, spouses are each other's best counselors. At least in good, healthy marriages (read: Liberal marriages). ;)

Pffftttt.

You'll understand when you get older, and have a spouse.

A wife can be a man's best counselor. Shit, I think California is practically being run in tandem by Schwarzzenneger and his Kennedy wife, Maria.

Right sure, but Bush/Laura completely aside I am not electing the man and his wife when I cast my vote. I am voting for the one who has been nominated, whose positions have been examined and clarified, and who I am informed about.

Back