Car Accident

cancel2 2022

Canceled
13592588_910357242423642_6607235538776405941_n.jpg

Yeah I had something similar happen to me. I was driving down US 315 in Columbus when I had to break hard for a traffic stoppage. This guy in a Cadillac behind me couldn't stop in time and he hit my rear quarter panel and put a dent in it.

I got out of my car to look at it and the Driver of the Caddy came running up. He was just apologetic and effusive and was saying, "I'm so sorry, that was entirely my fault, I can't believe I did that. I just wasn't paying attention. I hope you weren't hurt? Here is my insurance information and my phone number. Please call my insurance company and they will take care of any damage.

That's when I looked back and noticed his license plates were from Michigan. Well I was stunned. I had never met someone from Michigan who was so polite and honest and I told him so.

I said Wow, I'm amazed. I've never met someone from Michigan who was so polite and honest and concerned. I'm really impressed. He said, "Well it was my fault and I'm just trying to do the right thing."

So I said to him. "You know, I had you folks from Michigan all wrong. You're good people. This calls for a celebration."

So I reach into the back seat of my car and pull out an 18 year old bottle of Scotch. I opened and handed to him and smiled and said "Here's to Michigan!"

He took a big drink from the bottle of Scotch and handed it back to me smiling and said "Here's to Buckeyes!"

And I said "No thanks. I'm waiting for the cops."

Back