Carolina is so gay!

• Thread starter Thread starter Cancel5
  • Start date Start date
C

Cancel5

http://www.newsweek.com/id/146279

This is great, but I am sure that Carolina will blow it!

There is a great deal of money to be made in gay travel!

They are out there people and they aren't going away, so why not exploit them, like we do everything else! :pke:

Although, me being a Westerner, as well as a guy who hates the South and views it as nothing more than nuclear testing grounds, perhaps it would be best if they all moved out to the Carolinas...

:blowup:

Why do you hate the south?

Why do you hate the south?

Long history, involving its obsession to dominate the political spectrum from 1789-1860 (Virginia Plan, 3/5 Clause, etc.), as well as the fact that residents from Jefferson to Jackson to Breckinridge advocated that America should be a democracy (playing upon the passions of the ignorant masses), ultimately destroying the old republic as conceived by minds like Adams, whom I admire.

These Southern ideologues gave birth to American Democracy, and succeeded in ruining the great experiment. I have been feeling for a while now, how nice it would have been if the South had never been let back into the Union. Had the damage been done regardless, or could the better regions have been spared the despotism that has befallen us all these past 100 years?

Long history, involving its obsession to dominate the political spectrum from 1789-1860 (Virginia Plan, 3/5 Clause, etc.), as well as the fact that residents from Jefferson to Jackson to Breckinridge advocated that America should be a democracy (playing upon the passions of the ignorant masses), ultimately destroying the old republic as conceived by minds like Adams, whom I admire.

These Southern ideologues gave birth to American Democracy, and succeeded in ruining the great experiment. I have been feeling for a while now, how nice it would have been if the South had never been let back into the Union. Had the damage been done regardless, or could the better regions have been spared the despotism that has befallen us all these past 100 years?

So a handful of politicians have you hating an entire region?

I think you should focus more on life and less on politics. Enjoy a night on a riverboat in Nashville, an evening strolling thru Savannah, a spring concert in Oak Mountain amphitheater in Birmingham, a fall day eating in an outdoor cafe in New Orleans, any day exploring Ashville NC, see the beaches from Mobile bay thru the Florida Panhandle, stop in Tuscaloosa for some barbeque from Dreamland, have fried catfish in the Mississippi Delta, or listen to some blue in Memphis on the mud flats.

The south is a delightful place. Southerners, for the most part, are such a friendly and congenial people, you are missing out on a lot. Go to the campus of Ole Miss when they are having readings of Faulkner. They do it in the spring. Those beautiful words, the smell of magnolias and the southern hospitality make it such a great event.

So a handful of politicians have you hating an entire region?

I think you should focus more on life and less on politics. Enjoy a night on a riverboat in Nashville, an evening strolling thru Savannah, a spring concert in Oak Mountain amphitheater in Birmingham, a fall day eating in an outdoor cafe in New Orleans, any day exploring Ashville NC, see the beaches from Mobile bay thru the Florida Panhandle, stop in Tuscaloosa for some barbeque from Dreamland, have fried catfish in the Mississippi Delta, or listen to some blue in Memphis on the mud flats.

The south is a delightful place. Southerners, for the most part, are such a friendly and congenial people, you are missing out on a lot. Go to the campus of Ole Miss when they are having readings of Faulkner. They do it in the spring. Those beautiful words, the smell of magnolias and the southern hospitality make it such a great event.

They had plenty of followers. In fact, their ideas have largely been embraced by the whole population (its amazing how character counts for so little), which is pretty much why we have been in a quandary for so long...

I don't need a riverboat, either, when I've got the WA state ferry system, and various luxury cruises that run between Seattle, Victoria and Anchorage...

Anyway, I did my time in the South for my Air Force Basic and Technical Training. I did, however, really enjoy the trip I went on to Florida back in 2000.

Back