Cashing In

toby

I am not really sure yet of what to really think about this, but it really rubs me the wrong way right now. President Musharraf of Pakistan come over on a diplomatic mission and is hawking a book he wrote. On a question period with reporters to a question asked, he told them to read it in his book.

Money talks. why do you think we had to pay him lots of money or he was going to kick our military base out ?
We have just rented this ally.

US I don't think we have ANY bases in Pakistan, but we have paid a lot for the terrorist they have turned over. But that is cheaper than invasion, isn't it?

Check again toby, I think we do, but could be wrong.
I think we have an airbase but do not patrol or anything in there, officially anyway.

You are wrong US. But I'll let is slide. We have paid a lot to them for thier help. Just no bases.

Since September 11, the United States has set up military bases housing sixty thousand troops in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, and Tajikistan, along with Kuwait, Qatar, Turkey, and Bulgaria.

link for story source:
http://www.monthlyreview.org/0302editr.htm

I gave you another chance you are so going back on ignore.

It has not been solidified as a permanent base yet, but the Pentagon is pressuring towards it. Has been since 2002 when we first put Bombers there.

No US bases but bases the US uses. Close enough really. You site was useless to prove you point, so I googled it myself. Thanks anyway.

>>In Pakistan, the Pervez Musharraf government has allowed the commercial airport at Jacobabad, about 420km north of Karachi and 420km southeast of Kandahar, as one of three Pakistani bases used by US and allied forces to support their campaign in Afghanistan. The other bases are at Dalbandin and Pasni. Under the terms of an agreement with Pakistan, the allied forces can use these bases for search and rescue missions, but are not permitted to use them to stage attacks on Taliban targets. Both Jacobabad and Pasni bases have been sealed off and a five-kilometer cordon set up around the bases by Pakistani security forces.

Reports of increased US operations in Pakistan go back to March 2004, when two air bases - Dalbandin and Shahbaz - in Pakistan were the focus for extensive movements to provide logistical support for Special Forces and intelligence operations. Shahbaz Air Base near Jacobabad appeared to be the key to the United States' 2004 spring offensive. At Jacobabad, C-17 transports were reportedly involved in the daily deliveries of supplies. A report in the Pakistani newspaper the Daily Times on March 10, 2004, claimed that the air base was under US control, with an inner ring of facilities off limits to Pakistan's military.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Central_Asia/GC30Ag01.html

No US bases but bases the US uses. Close enough really. You site was useless to prove you point, so I googled it myself. Thanks anyway.

>>In Pakistan, the Pervez Musharraf government has allowed the commercial airport at Jacobabad, about 420km north of Karachi and 420km southeast of Kandahar, as one of three Pakistani bases used by US and allied forces to support their campaign in Afghanistan. The other bases are at Dalbandin and Pasni. Under the terms of an agreement with Pakistan, the allied forces can use these bases for search and rescue missions, but are not permitted to use them to stage attacks on Taliban targets. Both Jacobabad and Pasni bases have been sealed off and a five-kilometer cordon set up around the bases by Pakistani security forces.

Reports of increased US operations in Pakistan go back to March 2004, when two air bases - Dalbandin and Shahbaz - in Pakistan were the focus for extensive movements to provide logistical support for Special Forces and intelligence operations. Shahbaz Air Base near Jacobabad appeared to be the key to the United States' 2004 spring offensive. At Jacobabad, C-17 transports were reportedly involved in the daily deliveries of supplies. A report in the Pakistani newspaper the Daily Times on March 10, 2004, claimed that the air base was under US control, with an inner ring of facilities off limits to Pakistan's military.

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Central_Asia/GC30Ag01.html

Maybe this will help usc.

You will probably find the other bases listed by usc are also temp bases established in the same way. Rent an ally is big business in that part of the world.

As for masharifs book he needs to go on FOX news/booksellers if he really wants to hawk it.

Back