Cataract Surgery

Bigdog

Harris - make America a 3rd world shithole
A friend of mine just had a pre op appointment for cataract surgery. She is looking at having the surgery done 6-8 weeks from now.

Does anyone here have experience and advice about the surgery?

Both eyes done. Piece of cake.
The worst part is drops like 4 times a day afterward for a few weeks.
Nothing to worry about.

A friend of mine just had a pre op appointment for cataract surgery. She is looking at having the surgery done 6-8 weeks from now.

i had both eyes done 2 years ago, no pain, took 20 minutes, two weeks between each procedure , result. colors are sharper and no more proscription glasses just off the shelf for reading

The most important issue is post op care which is actually simple and straightforward and most recover with a dramatic improvement in vision and quality of life.

As with any surgical procedure risk is involved but the risk/benefit is highly in favor for a positive outcome. I know three folks who’ve had the surgery, including my father in law and all three said they wished they had done it sooner.

In India they have mobile units that go into villages and do many patients in a day. Each operation takes around ten to 15 minutes!

Back