Champagne is fucking delicious

bijou why are you being so negative in a completely harmless thread? Seriously can I please pass you a joint or something?

For whatever reason champagne has never done it for me. I've tried to like it but I can't make it work. Do you get worse hangovers from chapagne compared to vodka, whiskey or any other liquor?

Nope. In fact it doesn't give me a hang over at all. Wine on the other hand.....fuck.

For whatever reason champagne has never done it for me. I've tried to like it but I can't make it work. Do you get worse hangovers from chapagne compared to vodka, whiskey or any other liquor?
It's the combination of lots of sugars and carbonation that you get bad hangovers from Champagne.

This is a good time of year to try an Ice Wine. They're made from frozen grapes and make an excellent desert wine.

We had mimosa's all day yesterday. Good fun and a decent buzz.
I like what sparkling wines do to my wife. She get's hot flushes which leads to her putting on....shall we say...something more comfortable.....and if she keeps drinking she loses her inhibitions...often in some hillareous ways. One year during the super bowl I popped some bottles of spumanti and she drank 3/4th of them (both were magnums) and she only weighs about 115. She ended up calling up my father in a drunking jag all giddy and giggly that her team (the Pats) was winning, then she went into a crying jag and then she started cussing out my father cause he wasn't rooting for her team. Meanwhile my friends and I were laughig our asses off (so was my father). She was hillareous, though unintentionally so. She ended up passing out on the couch by the 4th quarter.

In America, we grandfather in older domestic producers of fake "Champagne", although it's no longer legal to start a company producing fake "Champagne".

Back