Chatroom anyone?

I think I block that for security reasons. No I just remembered I use a different Java than the usual PC users for my job. That probably is the reason.

I haven't had any issues with it. If he wanted to use it he'd have to turn on the java, play then turn it off afterward. He knows I don't have anything bad on the server.

a different java? 0_o
Different Java runtime engine, yes. There are two major players and several minor ones. That has nothing to do with JavaScript, however. JavaScript is implemented by the user agent (browser) alone. It hasn't anything to do with the Java engine.

Java and JavaScript are two different languages, just as VB and VBScript are two different languages.

i know the difference between java and javascript ornot... come on now..

Though I didn't know about the different runtime engines.. didn't occur to me.

i know the difference between java and javascript ornot... come on now..

Though I didn't know about the different runtime engines.. didn't occur to me.
It's one of the continuing problems with client-side Java: the Java engines aren't standardized. They're different enough that you almost have to code for a particular engine -- you have to choose either Sun or Microsoft. Worse than that, a lot of apps will only run on a particular version of a particular engine.

I haven't had any issues with it. If he wanted to use it he'd have to turn on the java, play then turn it off afterward. He knows I don't have anything bad on the server.

I don't know about that. Dixie and Dano posts.... ;)

I will try it tomorrow on my other puter.

If you look on the bottom, there is a Who's in Chat listing. You can then go in when you see somebody else in the room.

Back