Chestnut defends on Coney Island.

NiftyNiblick

1960s Chick Magnet
Joey Chestnut, arguably the world's greatest athlete, consumed a record 76 hot dogs at Nathan's on Coney Island to win his 14th World Hot Dog Eating Championship.

The great Tekeru Kobayashi, once unapproachable as the hot dog eating champ,
acknowledges that he can no longer compete with Chestnut
and has gone on to make a name for himself in pizza eating contests instead.

As a youth, I would personally eat seven or eight franks at a family cookout--I'm not sure what my max was.
In fairness, a couple of burgers probably went down with those as well.

But Chestnut breaks his own record by one hot dog each July 4th. And this time he ate 76!

Chestnut is the best that there is, the best that there ever was, and in all probability, the best that there ever will be.
Babe Ruth...Tom Brady...Floyd Mayweather...no sport has ever had a competitor to match him.

Joey Chestnut, arguably the world's greatest athlete, consumed a record 76 hot dogs at Nathan's on Coney Island to win his 14th World Hot Dog Eating Championship.

The great Tekeru Kobayashi, once unapproachable as the hot dog eating champ,
acknowledges that he can no longer compete with Chestnut
and has gone on to make a name for himself in pizza eating contests instead.

As a youth, I would personally eat seven or eight franks at a family cookout--I'm not sure what my max was.
In fairness, a couple of burgers probably went down with those as well.

But Chestnut breaks his own record by one hot dog each July 4th. And this time he ate 76!

Chestnut is the best that there is, the best that there ever was, and in all probability, the best that there ever will be.
Babe Ruth...Tom Brady...Floyd Mayweather...no sport has ever had a competitor to match him.

Nathan's the greatest especially eating them @ Surf Ave, Brooklyn

NathansHotDog-3_%2848034232387%29.jpg

Last edited:
Most coastal metropolitan areas have long lost their seashore attractions.

Our honky tonk beach hangouts are history.

Let's hope Coney Island lasts forever.

Not much love for the incredible Joey Chestnut, but it's not surprising.

We've all become so jaded that even an international superstar like the great Chestnut doesn't impress us anymore.

At the very least, though, Biden should award him with the Medal of Freedom.

Back