Christians

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
Doesn't anyone ever find it odd that Christians constantly say that God is above humanity and not-understandable, while also attributing clearly human emotions to him like jealousy? And assuming that he even cares whether or not humans worship him?

Even things like love, hate, fear, wrath... that is all human. If God were above humans he wouldn't do things based on those emotions. In fact, since he was all powerful, and all knowing, why would he do anything? Why would he only conveniently only talk through mediums? Why would he have jealousy over the devil and care about faith?

Let me tell you what a Christian's logically fallacious response is. It is because we cannot understand him. That is why he does irrational things using petty human emotions. You simply cannot understand. Just bow down and worship without understanding, because otherwise he'll torture you for all eternity with his hatred and vengeance.

Which makes it pretty clear what he is to anyone who can see reason... a human invention. Contrary to us being unable to understand him, he is very predictable, and very human. He's modeled after old middle-eastern dictators. His mystery only comes in his supposed power, not in what he does, because what he does is very clearly and obviously human, just like the dictators of old.

Old Testment God really freaks me out. He needed to mellow out. The OT God was petty, vindictive, and vengeful. Always dealing out punishment, plague and flood. I mean, didn't he make a freakin' bet with Lucifer, to see how much harrassment and pain Lucifer could inflict on Job, before Job denounced God? How twisted is that? I guess we could call OT God, the waterboarding God.

And the entire concept of heavan and hell would be his most trivial design.

Let's think about this.

He's going to put you on Earth, and once you've worshipped or not worshipped him without him interfering, he's either going to take the pain receptors that he put into your physical form, and burn them for all eternity pointlessly, or put them in the best conditions possible for all eternity.

Let's think about this.

What if I made a series of varyingly accurate thermometors, and I tested them for a year. The ones that were accurate, I put in termperate climate for the rest of my life within their range. The ones that were innacurate, I'd put in ice, in temperatures below their ability to measure.

HA! I got my vengeance. This is so terribly productive.

Old Testment God really freaks me out. He needed to mellow out. The OT God was petty, vindictive, and vengeful. Always dealing out punishment, plague and flood. I mean, didn't he make a freakin' bet with Lucifer, to see how much harrassment and pain Lucifer could inflict on Job, before Job denounced God? How twisted is that? I guess we could call OT God, the waterboarding God.

He made a bet with Satan, not Lucifer. Satan, in Jewish mythology, was the accuser of sins. Sort of like a prosecutor in the court of the afterlife.

Lucifer? There really isn't even much evidence that Lucifer and Satan are one in the same. Lucifer, for one thing, is a name of latin entymology, which means bright light in latin. Problem with this, is that the latin language didn't exist whenever the bible was written. "Lucifer" was an adjective a Roman translator used to describe the Babylonian king that passage was referring to. And that's the only mention of "Lucifer" in the old testament. Later translators, seem to have gotten this mixed up, and that's why it's become part of Christian mythology that Lucifer and Satan are one in the same.

The "NT God" doesn't really make any appearences. The writers of the New Testament knew they couldn't simplpy make up thigns like the writers of the OT did, so mainly it talks about Christ and his philosophy, although they do manage to slip a few made up things in there as well.

I guarantee they'll say something like "I have a right to believe whatever I want to believe", during the time in which we commit to our argument. And I'm like, yeah... you do. I wasn't aware that that was what we were arguing about.

I find there are two types of responses. The first is the bumper sticker response:

"God said it, I believe it, that settles it".

The other type is smarter but just as frustrating, those are the ones that, when you cut through the flowery phrases and sophistry comes down to:

"'Tis so, so there"

I mean, you can't win.

Back