Christmas for dogs

evince

Truthmatters
[ame="http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4054022/10953223"]Christmas Molly on Yahoo! Video[/ame]

My dogs have opened their own presents for years. Now I have just one little Christmas girl to watch opening presents but its still the highlight of Christmas in my house. Do any of you do the same?

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4054022/10953223

My dogs have opened their own presents for years. Now I have just one little Christmas girl to watch opening presents but its still the highlight of Christmas in my house. Do any of you do the same?

Last year we let Bob open his gifts. He was hesitant and then over joyed. I miss that little mutt more than words can express.

My wife picked up her (our?) xmas present yesterday. A 9 week old long-haired dachund. To him (from what I am told - I have not been home yet) he thinks the entire house is his xmas present.

Good link, Desh.

My wife picked up her (our?) xmas present yesterday. A 9 week old long-haired dachund. To him (from what I am told - I have not been home yet) he thinks the entire house is his xmas present.

An unusual choice of meat but you won't be disappointed.

Thems is good eating.

Yeah the memory of an old loyal dog is undoubtably one of the sweetest memories in the world.

I still tear at the loss of my hank and its been a couple of years.

My little girl (13 year old aussie pound puppy) is getting old and creeky.

A long haired dachund?

That must be one cute little breed.

Give him a present and watch what he does. It is instinct to open it and at first you just wrap them real shitty. Ends open and one piece of tape is a great starter. My dogs ended up getting more presents than we do because we just have so much fun watching them open them. My son learned alot about the joy of giving from these hairy friends.

Now I think I will go look at long haired Dachunds and go AAAWWWHHHH!

Yeah the memory of an old loyal dog is undoubtably one of the sweetest memories in the world.

I still tear at the loss of my hank and its been a couple of years.

My little girl (13 year old aussie pound puppy) is getting old and creeky.

A long haired dachund?

That must be one cute little breed.

Give him a present and watch what he does. It is instinct to open it and at first you just wrap them real shitty. Ends open and one piece of tape is a great starter. My dogs ended up getting more presents than we do because we just have so much fun watching them open them. My son learned alot about the joy of giving from these hairy friends.

Now I think I will go look at long haired Dachunds and go AAAWWWHHHH!

Bob wasn't old, but he was a great companion. Now my old golden retriever still haunts me. He travelled with me for 3 years, and was the best "road dog" ever.

I haven't had a white powdered doughnut since the day we put him down.

Its my biggest complaint to god. Why make dog lives so short?

So we can have more than one.

Yeah, thats what my sister told me too. And I have loved and valued every single one of the dogs I have had since I was old enough to remember them.

But longer would be better, imho.

I agree with you while Im looking at my beautiful girl knowing that Im in for the big fall. She is 13 and takes meds so she wont pee when she sleeps. She often has to be coaxed up and down stairs and onto and off of the furniture. Her eyes just keep getting milkier and she cant hear anything near like she used to. Yeap , the big fall is coming far to soon.

I cant even imagine losing them too early like you did your Bob.

I agree with you while Im looking at my beautiful girl knowing that Im in for the big fall. She is 13 and takes meds so she wont pee when she sleeps. She often has to be coaxed up and down stairs and onto and off of the furniture. Her eyes just keep getting milkier and she cant hear anything near like she used to. Yeap , the big fall is coming far to soon.

I cant even imagine losing them too early like you did your Bob.

I don't envy you that trip at all. The best you can do is see it as a compassionate way of thanking them for their years of faithful companionship.

My guys get their Xmas stockings filled with goodies and toys. Barley is a swallower, so I don't let him at anything that could harm him. Rory is a dismantler, and would be fine at unwrapping, but neither does anything strictly on his own, so their treats are meted out by yours truly.

If I cook a turkey then the giblets are stewed for gravy liquid and I chop up the meat for a treat for them; they love it. Mostly they just like all the attention (like they don't get it the rest of the year!) and the playing.

My girl is an artfull dismantler. She loves to tear into the presents and she thinks the whole reason there is a noisemakeer inside of any toy is so she can rip it open take out all the fluff and find the squeaker. The wrapping paper is just another layer for her. She loves having the family all watch her do her thing. I put a couple of her presents under the tree last night and she KNEW which ones were hers. She sniffed the new ones, sniffed the old ones and then came right back to the new ones.we let her open them. On Christmas morning I will put the rest out after everything else is opened and we will sit back and watch the Old Girl open her presents like a puppy. She gets so excited.

Back