Cinco de Mayo Plans??

I will marry my second wife from Mexico or Latino countries.

I am fair.

What you think? Should I buy a taco?

It is always a good idea to eat tacos, especially on that day...

I will be having a few on Sat.... I have been on a taco & burrito binge this week....lol

Maybe, I make a mean enchalata.

I made a killer pulled pork in the slow cooker the other day. Slow cooked a pork shoulder with chicken broth, cumin, chili powder and mole. Served with grated jicama and cabbage, lime juice and Crema in a soft shell.

I made a killer pulled pork in the slow cooker the other day. Slow cooked a pork shoulder with chicken broth, cumin, chili powder and mole. Served with grated jicama and cabbage, lime juice and Crema in a soft shell.
Oh I am so stealing that one. I have done something similar braising a combination of beef tongue and beef chuck with stock, wine, cumin, coriander and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Served on soft shells with a mango/habanero salsa and queso blanco. Got ate up fast....though that may not have happened had I told anyone I used cows tongue.

Oh I am so stealing that one. I have done something similar braising a combination of beef tongue and beef chuck with stock, wine, cumin, coriander and chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Served on soft shells with a mango/habanero salsa and queso blanco. Got ate up fast....though that may not have happened had I told anyone I used cows tongue.
I also have an old hand me down recipe that goes back generations for pulled pork sandwhiches.

Braise a Boston but with 1 large can crushed tomato, diced, onion, carrot, celery, S&P, some mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire, red pepper flakes, bay leaves and sage. Bake in a dutch oven at 300 deg F till fall apart tender then remove the lid and led sauce reduce till thickened. Serve on a hamburger bun. Been a mainstay at pot lucks in my neck of the woods for many generations but not very common outside of the great lakes region.

2 cups chicken broth or water
1 (8.25-ounce) jar DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (5-pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
Salt & freshly ground pepper

In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine chicken broth, DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original, cumin and garlic powder.
Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper, place in the slow cooker and turn to coat meat.
Cook, covered, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily.
Transfer pork to serving dish and shred using two forks. Moisten pork using cooking liquid from slow cooker.
Heat oven to 350°F. Wrap stacked tortillas in foil and bake 10 minutes until warm.
To serve, place a spoonful of shredded pork on each HERDEZ® corn tortilla.
Top with shredded cabbage, jicama and sliced avocado, a drizzle of Mexican Crema and chopped cilantro.

Maybe, I make a mean enchalata.

LOL, I make a green enchilada pie/casserole w/ fresh Tomatillo, 1lb each of ground pork, ground beef, ground turkey & about half way through meat cooking I toss in about a half pound of some ground zucchini..

2 cups chicken broth or water
1 (8.25-ounce) jar DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (5-pound) boneless pork shoulder roast
Salt & freshly ground pepper

In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine chicken broth, DOÑA MARÍA® Mole Original, cumin and garlic powder.
Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper, place in the slow cooker and turn to coat meat.
Cook, covered, on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender and pulls apart easily.
Transfer pork to serving dish and shred using two forks. Moisten pork using cooking liquid from slow cooker.
Heat oven to 350°F. Wrap stacked tortillas in foil and bake 10 minutes until warm.
To serve, place a spoonful of shredded pork on each HERDEZ® corn tortilla.
Top with shredded cabbage, jicama and sliced avocado, a drizzle of Mexican Crema and chopped cilantro.
Thanks...simple recipe. I might put the crema in my food processor and add some chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to kick it up a notch.

This recipe will go well this summer with some fresh grilled sweet corn and garden fresh tomatoes.

Back