Clooney, president in 2012

uscitizen

Villified User
George Clooney named U.N. messenger of peace
Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:41pm EST

By Patrick Worsnip

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon named actor George Clooney, who has campaigned for refugees in Darfur, as a U.N. "messenger of peace" on Friday to promote the world body's peacekeeping efforts.

Clooney is the ninth U.N. messenger -- people chosen from the fields of art, music, literature and sports who have agreed to help focus attention on the United Nations' work.

U.N. spokeswoman Michele Montas said Clooney would have a special emphasis on peacekeeping. She said he had been "recognized for focusing public attention on crucial international political and social issues."

Clooney, who is currently in Sudan, will receive his designation on January 31 at U.N. headquarters.

http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN1833517620080118?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true

Oh Goody...........

another Arnold,next will be Sylvestor,then maybe Angelina Jolee...we are such a forgiving country!:rolleyes:

He would be better than Bush.

How can people who voted for a guy like bush scoff at the thought of a guy like him possibly running? At least he would ACTUALLY be fun to have a beer with.

I guess damo had ulcers when Thompson became senator ?
Why? It's the policy I hate. I don't want to see Clooney as President because he is pretty opposite me politically.

Plus, I wouldn't say this if he was talking about him being Senator in California. I don't care who they vote in as Senator, nor do I think being an actor disqualifies you from politics.

When it comes down to a straight choice between George Clooney being elected president of the United States of America and a potential Ocean's 27, there really is only one sane option.

You know what you have to do people.

When it comes down to a straight choice between George Clooney being elected president of the United States of America and a potential Ocean's 27, there really is only one sane option.

You know what you have to do people.
Burn the movie studio and vote Libertarian?

Back