CNN Columnist: The Joker, white male resentment and Trump

Yeah. I don't know anything about the Movie either, but ... I think it's either:
a. Represents Asian fear of being discriminated against in College Admissions, ... or
b. Black angst about being born 'black' in a 'white' country.

Who is Jeff Yang and why should I care about his opinion?

I know him because he used to write an Asian Culture column for the SF Chronicle. He's some Harvard educated NYC living author. Nothing personal against the guy but I don't care what he has to say here. To me it's just more indicative of the direction Trump has drove certain people, including CNN.

I don’t know anything about this movie other people seem to like it based on reviews/responses I’ve read. But this is so CNN. At a certain point it’s like they want people to support Trump.

Did you read the guy's actual review, he explains his position, not what you interpreted it as, in fact, your comment kinda endorses his view

"Joker," at its core, is the story of the "forgotten man," the metaphoric displaced and disenfranchised white man whose goodwill has been abused and whose status has been reduced. A man who has been crushed underfoot by the elite, dragged down by equality-demanding feminists and climbed over by upstart nonwhite and immigrant masses"

"It draws from the same well of resentment that Trump strums with his racist rhetoric at his rallies -- the fear of no longer being at the center of the political, social and cultural universe, with everyone who isn't you positioned at its perceived edges."

"Trump, in his 2016 victory speech, paid similar homage to the "forgotten men." Trump won by using outrageous statements, theatrical posturing and grimacing mockery to generate raucous mob energy. White men, in particular, responded to his rhetoric and persona -- seeing in him a disruptor of oppressive correctness who could lead them back to the top of the heap and the center of the world."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/06/opin...0-06T20:30:14&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

I know him because he used to write an Asian Culture column for the SF Chronicle. He's some Harvard educated NYC living author. Nothing personal against the guy but I don't care what he has to say here. To me it's just more indicative of the direction Trump has drove certain people, including CNN.

bullshit...…….CNN has been sucking dumps dick since he was elected

the media is behind dump no matter how hard you right wing blowhards try to say it's not.

Did you read the guy's actual review, he explains his position, not what you interpreted it as, in fact, your comment kinda endorses his view

"Joker," at its core.......blah, blah, blah, blah, blah...

"It draws from the same well of resentment that Trump strums with his racist rhetoric at his rallies -- the fear of no longer being at the center of the political, social and cultural universe, with everyone who isn't you positioned at its perceived edges."

Once more we see a FAKE journalist lie. There was nothing racist about his rhetoric at his rallies or in his policies. That is just more of the same dumb, retarded bullshit the left is engaging in making a mockery of real racism and further attempts at dividing this nation along racial lines.

It is puerile and false. This isn't journalism; it is Stalinist propaganda.

"Trump, in his 2016 victory speech, paid similar homage to the "forgotten men." Trump won by using outrageous statements, theatrical posturing and grimacing mockery to generate raucous mob energy. White men, in particular, responded to his rhetoric and persona -- seeing in him a disruptor of oppressive correctness who could lead them back to the top of the heap and the center of the world."

What outrageous statements and mob energy did this lying buffoon see and hear? Again, it was doubtful this ass clown ever attended a Trump rally, ever spoke to Trump and bothered to get the perspective of Trump supporters. That would have required effort; something leftists have shown a remarkable propensity of avoiding.

Once more we see a FAKE journalist lie. There was nothing racist about his rhetoric at his rallies or in his policies. That is just more of the same dumb, retarded bullshit the left is engaging in making a mockery of real racism and further attempts at dividing this nation along racial lines.

It is puerile and false. This isn't journalism; it is Stalinist propaganda.

What outrageous statements and mob energy did this lying buffoon see and hear? Again, it was doubtful this ass clown ever attended a Trump rally, ever spoke to Trump and bothered to get the perspective of Trump supporters. That would have required effort; something leftists have shown a remarkable propensity of avoiding.

I see "truthie" understands what a movie review is as much as he understands what a Grand Jury does, now we have fake movie reviews and I suppose real movie reviews

And you kidding, all one has to do is turn on Fox every now and then and you can witness a Trump rally live and unedited

I see "truthie" understands what a movie review is as much as he understands what a Grand Jury does, now we have fake movie reviews and I suppose real movie reviews

I see you don't understand what a commentary as much as you know nothing about what a Grand Jury does. This was a commentary about Trump you brain dead dumbass. :rolleyes:

Go back, read the title and the statements moron.

And you kidding, all one has to do is turn on Fox every now and then and you can witness a Trump rally live and unedited

I've seen Trumps rally's and his speeches. Nothing racist about them. Put up or STFU snowflake; post the racist comments if you can.

"Joker," at its core, is the story of the "forgotten man," the metaphoric displaced and disenfranchised white man whose goodwill has been abused and whose status has been reduced. A man who has been crushed underfoot by the elite, dragged down by equality-demanding feminists and climbed over by upstart nonwhite and immigrant masses"

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/06/opin...0-06T20:30:14&utm_term=link&utm_medium=social

I'm not a comic book guy and I knew nothing about this movie coming out. I read my first reviews on the 'SC football board which included posters who I know are liberal and non white. Movie got rave reviews. Again, not something I'm going to see but that was my first impression. Nothing political about it. But now I've seen multiple reviews, most likely from liberal critics, just ripping it apart and going the same angle this author did.

I don't give two sh*ts about the movie. This type of reaction to it is why someone like Trump got elected in the first place. Yet people still can't help themselves and it could happen again.

I see you don't understand what a commentary as much as you know nothing about what a Grand Jury does. This was a commentary about Trump you brain dead dumbass. :rolleyes:

Go back, read the title and the statements moron.

I've seen Trumps rally's and his speeches. Nothing racist about them. Put up or STFU snowflake; post the racist comments if you can.

Wrong, shocking, it is a movie review, he is discussing what he sees as the director's theme, which is easily understood by someone who actually read the review rather than responding with talk radio rhetoric

And I'm still waiting for you to explain what a fake movie review is and what a real movie review is, take your time

Your wasting posters time again "truthie," offer something real or quit the thread

I'm not a comic book guy and I knew nothing about this movie coming out. I read my first reviews on the 'SC football board which included posters who I know are liberal and non white. Movie got rave reviews. Again, not something I'm going to see but that was my first impression. Nothing political about it. But now I've seen multiple reviews, most likely from liberal critics, just ripping it apart and going the same angle this author did.

I don't give two sh*ts about the movie. This type of reaction to it is why someone like Trump got elected in the first place. Yet people still can't help themselves and it could happen again.

Interesting because the US Army had a concern with the movie also (https://nypost.com/2019/09/25/us-ar...mass-shootings-by-incels-at-joker-screenings/) and last I knew they weren't by definition a left or right organization

What would we do without you here to repost the contents of hidden links?

I have that low grade Person on ignore

Given the current field of Democratic contenders I’m expecting it to happen again.

Yeah. I don't know anything about the Movie either, but ... I think it's either:
a. Represents Asian fear of being discriminated against in College Admissions, ... or
b. Black angst about being born 'black' in a 'white' country.

Touche’

That appears to be a ligit criticism though I would argue that the White working class has never had to deal with institutionalized bigotry and discrimination.

I certainly understand their sense of insecurity and emasculation but a point and time comes where you have to get over that shit and man up.

Having said that I’d challenge Mr. Yang to look around and ask himself “Who built this shit?”. It wasn’t him.

You give Trump to much credit. He’s a savy opportunist for sure but he’s driven nothing but has successfully exploited an existing situation.

Back