College football gets a 4 team playoff!

Canceled.2014.1

I can't wait! We are finally closer to determining a true champion on the field.

The details of the selection committee haven't been ironed out, but hopefully it will be something equitable.

I can't wait! We are finally closer to determining a true champion on the field.

The details of the selection committee haven't been ironed out, but hopefully it will be something equitable.
Thank god they went with a selection committe since most sports writers who make up the polls are blythering idiots.

Thank god they went with a selection committe since most sports writers who make up the polls are blythering idiots.

There are a few sports writers that know what they are doing, but they are few and far between.

When does OSU come off probation? I am betting they will be in contention most years. I'd rather have an 8 or 16 team playoff, but this is certainly an improvement over the BCS.

There are a few sports writers that know what they are doing, but they are few and far between.

When does OSU come off probation? I am betting they will be in contention most years. I'd rather have an 8 or 16 team playoff, but this is certainly an improvement over the BCS.
Next year. When the playoff starts. My guess is that by 2020 we'll have an 8 team playoff. When the conferences see the kind of media exposure that the 4 playoff teams are getting they'll demand expansion. Baby steps, baby steps.

Next year. When the playoff starts. My guess is that by 2020 we'll have an 8 team playoff. When the conferences see the kind of media exposure that the 4 playoff teams are getting they'll demand expansion. Baby steps, baby steps.

That is basically what I was thinking. This is a huge step in the right direction. Looking better!!

Don't go to 8. The BCS is a beautiful thing. Any more than 4 Mae the regular season shit. Now every game is still a payoff game.

Don't go to 8. The BCS is a beautiful thing. Any more than 4 Mae the regular season shit. Now every game is still a payoff game.
That's a bogus argument and it's been put to bed. The regular season is going to be all about winning your conference now and that's the way it oughta be. That's why I think you see further consolidation of conferences. Eventually we'll have a 8 team playoff with 6 conference champs and two at large bids to make the lesser conferences happy. That will put the focus where it should always be. Winning your conference. The BCS marginlizes conference play. Lose two games but win your conference? Who cares, you're out of the BCS Championship picture. Now winning your conference is going to mean something.

images

Back