College football news

• Thread starter Thread starter Guns Guns Guns
  • Start date Start date
G

Guns Guns Guns

The mother of Auburn freshman football player Quan Bray was shot and killed in LaGrange, Ga., on Sunday and Bray’s father is charged with murder in connection with the death...

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...uburn-freshman-quan-bray-killed#ixzz1R93Vqp4f

Quan Bray was one of Auburn’s top recruits from the 2011 class and is already enrolled. The wide receiver/running back is expected to contend for playing time this season.

Auburn coach Gene Chizik issued a statement through the university saying, “Our thoughts and prayers are with Quan and his entire family during this extraordinarily difficult time. This is a terrible tragedy, but the Auburn Family will support Quan in every way possible throughout the grieving and healing process ahead. Quan is a great young man with a bright future, and we will be there for him every step of the way.”

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...uburn-freshman-quan-bray-killed#ixzz1R93Vqp4f

I hated to hear about this. Damn shame.

Did you hate to hear about the other thousands of gun deaths America averages per annum, or is this one special because it could affect the performance of an Auburn ath-a-lete?

Did you hate to hear about the other thousands of gun deaths America averages per annum, or is this one special because it could affect the performance of an Auburn ath-a-lete?

Nope, this was the only one that mattered. :rolleyes:

I knew I should have left you in the iggy bin.

Nope, this was the only one that mattered. :rolleyes: I knew I should have left you in the iggy bin.

Yes, when one such as yourself lacks the ability to compete successfully in the arena of ideas, it's less painful to hide from the reality around you, I suppose.

While not on the same level of tragedy as the above, Bama lost Dee Hart for the 2011 season.

Now we are down to two top quality RBs.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens to OSU. I think one of the reasons that the NCAA came down on USC was not only the scale (USC sugar daddy's were paying star athletes six figure incomes, sports cars and houses. 5 OSU players got free tats and chump change) but that Carrolle bailed on them when things got hot. Tressell will face the music and testify for the NCAA investigators. He'll probably cop a mea culpa. Since OSU have voluntarily vacated all wins for 2010 and placed themselves on 2 years probation (whatever that means) the question is, what sanctions will the NCAA drop?

Now I know with all the haters out there they'd want to drop the death penalty on Ohio State just because their Ohio State. Not gonna happen. Nor will the sanctions be as severe as USC's. My guess is that the NCAA will add one years more probation, prohibit OSU for 1 year post season play and make a small reduction in scholarships (my guess would be 5 to 10) but that OSU will still be able to appear on TV.

The NCAA has to walk a tight rope. They can't come down to hard on the Buckeyes or Ohio State will just simply blow the lid off the sham that is amateur college football and the NCAA sure as hell doesn't want that (cause then they would have to share more money with the kids who actually earn it.).

I think OSU may come out in great shape. Of course, there will be a year or two that suck for ya'll, but not as bad as some.

I think the biggest worry for OSU is the increasing parity in the league.

You prob would call me a hater.
Not only would I not even consider the death penalty, I might consider allowing them to losse in a BCS game again.
I say 3 scholly's for 3 yrs.
They have been stand up in trying to face it.
OSU is important to college football, as much as BAMA and Penn ST are.
College football would not be the same with Ohio Slow on Probation.
Getting Vrebel as LB coach was the first good news you guy's have had in a while. He roomed with the Head coach and he will make the D SEC caliber.

Back