Colorado

Phantasmal

Harris/Walz
Staff member
The fires in Colorado are just awful. My niece and nephew just received a call advising them to evacuate their home.

My heart goes out to that beautiful state! I wish for rain.

The fires in Colorado are just awful. My niece and nephew just received a call advising them to evacuate their home.

My heart goes out to that beautiful state! I wish for rain.

Unfortunately the rain is here.... right over Denver... if it would just go North or South to one of the fires, that would help.

Sorry to hear about your niece and nephew. Are they down in the Springs fire area or up north?

Unfortunately the rain is here.... right over Denver... if it would just go North or South to one of the fires, that would help.

Sorry to hear about your niece and nephew. Are they down in the Springs fire area or up north?

They are downin the Springs area.

I received a phone call asking if I have any relatives or dependents in Colorado where the fires are from my unit.

In fact, I helped my chain by obtaining two phone numbers from training that are not yet on my flight's recall roster. One guy I knew for sure has family in Colorado Springs, because I'm a good NCO and talk to my troops.

That's the way to be... plus you aren't an officer yet so talk to your guys as if they are human.

Stay safe!

Thanks. Not personally in danger being in Denver, but many friends in the Springs and Fort Collins areas (south and north of us) are not so lucky. My cousins in the Springs have been evacuated, the fire is creeping up on the AF academy. Friends up north are still ok, thankfully.

I'm thinking about the Slurry bombers. Are they going to be grounded when Obama comes? If so... and not because of politics (truthfully)... I wish Obama would leave CO alone until after the fires are out. Slurry bombers save the lives of the diggers, he shouldn't visit if they will ground those, they shouldn't be grounded even temporarily.

I'm thinking about the Slurry bombers. Are they going to be grounded when Obama comes? If so... and not because of politics (truthfully)... I wish Obama would leave CO alone until after the fires are out. Slurry bombers save the lives of the diggers, he shouldn't visit if they will ground those, they shouldn't be grounded even temporarily.

I would hope not. Obviously if that were to need to happen, then he should postpone his Friday visit. I appreciate that he wants to come and see, but those on the ground fighting this come first.

He could fly into Denver and go up north to the High Park area as they are diverting their bombers and choppers down to the Springs. They say High Park is now 75% contained and that they are in the mop up phase which should be completed within a couple of weeks.

The Springs is another story. Waldo still has the roads west of i-25 shut down. The AF Academy is on the edge of the fire now. If the winds stay down today they may have a shot to get a grip on it. But they had 60 mph gusts yesterday that made it insane.

I would hope not. Obviously if that were to need to happen, then he should postpone his Friday visit. I appreciate that he wants to come and see, but those on the ground fighting this come first.

He could fly into Denver and go up north to the High Park area as they are diverting their bombers and choppers down to the Springs. They say High Park is now 75% contained and that they are in the mop up phase which should be completed within a couple of weeks.

The Springs is another story. Waldo still has the roads west of i-25 shut down. The AF Academy is on the edge of the fire now. If the winds stay down today they may have a shot to get a grip on it. But they had 60 mph gusts yesterday that made it insane.

I thought he was coming to specifically look at the Waldo fire. He should demand that the restrictions be lifted for those slurry bombers or just wait. Even GWB understood that sometimes a visit from the President gets in the way rather than helps.

Thanks. Not personally in danger being in Denver, but many friends in the Springs and Fort Collins areas (south and north of us) are not so lucky. My cousins in the Springs have been evacuated, the fire is creeping up on the AF academy. Friends up north are still ok, thankfully.

Gawd...I hope it doesn't affect the Gay Pride Parade at the AF Academy! :chesh:

I thought he was coming to specifically look at the Waldo fire. He should demand that the restrictions be lifted for those slurry bombers or just wait. Even GWB understood that sometimes a visit from the President gets in the way rather than helps.

That is what he is coming for. I was just providing an alternative for him. You know, he does need help with making good decisions.

Back