Come Comanche

Timshel

You need to straighten your posture and suck in your gut.
You need to pull back your shoulders and tighten your butt.
Yeah, come Comanche, Comanche, Comanche, commode.
If you want to have cities, you've got to build roads.

You need to find some new feathers and buy some new clothes.
Just get rid of the antlers and lighten your load.
Yeah, if you want to have cities, you've got to build roads.

You need to straighten your posture and suck in your gut.
You need to pull back your shoulders and tighten your butt.
Ah, if you want to have cities,
Yeah, if you want to have cities,
No, if you want to have cities,
You've got to build roads.

Then hang the injuneers???

He is making fun of the Comanche and the person who made fun of the Comanche. The comanche was uncivilized. The frontiersman was civilized. The frontiersman left civilization for the land of the comanche and then ridiculed the comanche to get him to to turn his land into a civilization. Why don't you uncivilized cretins turn this into the commode that I left. Get it? Cake's lyrics are very sarcastic.

He is making fun of the Comanche and the person who made fun of the Comanche. The comanche was uncivilized. The frontiersman was civilized. The frontiersman left civilization for the land of the comanche and then ridiculed the comanche to get him to to turn his land into a civilization. Why don't you uncivilized cretins turn this into the commode that I left. Get it? Cake's lyrics are very sarcastic.

Or that is my take on it, anyway.

Sorry, but Cake lost me with "Going the Distance" waaaaaay back when, and I stopped trying to make sense of what they had to say many moons ago.

Why? The distance is a great song. He's making fun of my personality type with that one. Some dumbass busting his rump, for what, he doesn't know.

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line,
engines pumping and thumping in time.
the green light flashes, the flags go up.
churning and burning, they yearn for the cup.
they deftly maneuver and muscle for rank,
fuel burning fast on an empty tank.
reckless and wild, they pour through the turns.
their prowess is potent and secretly stern.
as they speed through the finish, the flags go down.
the fans get up and they get out of town.
the arena is empty except for one man,
still driving and striving as fast as he can.
the sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
and long ago somebody left with the cup.
but he's driving and striving and hugging the turns.
and thinking of someone for whom he still burns.

he's going the distance.
he's going for speed.
she's all alone
all alone in her time of need.
because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,
he's fighting and biting and riding on his horse,
he's going the distance.

no trophy, no flowers, no flashbulbs, no wine,
he's haunted by something he cannot define.
bowel-shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse,
assail him, impale him with monster-truck force.
in his mind, he's still driving, still making the grade.
she's hoping in time that her memories will fade.
cause he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,
he's fighting and biting and riding on his horse.
the sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
and long ago somebody left with the cup.
but he's striving and driving and hugging the turns.
and thinking of someone for whom he still burns.

cause he's going the distance.
he's going for speed.
she's all alone
all alone in her time of need.
because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,
he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,
he's going the distance.
he's going for speed.
he's going the distance

How many people that hate Cake claim to love sarcasm? They make fun of everyone, even themselves and that makes an enemy of everyone because people have no real sense of humor. What do you think they have been doing? The entire music industry has been laughing at the morons who pay to see their shows. Well, maybe Justin Bieber is sincere. lol

Everywhere people tell them to shutdown, don't think, don't feel (thinking is feeling and cannot happen without an emotional byproduct). You are overthinking that lyric/movie/book whatever, they tell themselves. Just listen to the music like Kurt told you too. Didn't he tell you to? No! They leave themselves unable to understand the people that are mocking them. I always knew those fuckers were laughing at me. I just did not know why. Now I can laugh with them. Kurt was obviously mad and then he exploded. I did not fully understand why. I thought he was just being overly vain. No, he did not believe their praise. He knew they were full of shit. He knew that they all hated him. Heath knew it too.

I went to Bonnaroo to jump around with the kiddies who loved Gogol Bordello. Oh boy, I thought they are making them smarter than when I was kid. No, the dumbasses tried to get a USA shout going during "Immigraniada." This aint Toby Keith! They are dumber than ever. They have no fing clue what they are spending their parents money on or what it is they are chasing. They don't even care. I was dumb but I did care. They don't even see the obvious ones like Kurt or Rage Against the Machine. Many rage fans don't know what they are listening to and the ones that do are completely nuts. They wont just laugh at you and blow their head off. They are nasty dangerous fucktards that will tear you apart for not being all in.

Last edited:
Back