Comedian Katt Williams in Oakland

cawacko

Even though demographics are changing in the U.S. the fact is the country is still a majority white so as a white person there aren't that many times you are around a large number of people and only a few of them were white. Friday night at the Oakland Coliseum for the Katt Williams concert was one of those times for me. Attendance was 14,000 with about 13,000 of those people being black, 990 hispanic and 10 white. Normally I like spending time in environments like this (very few crackers around) but Katt Williams attracts a certain thug element of society so I definitely had my guard up.

He gave a five minute intro at the start of the show before the opening acts come on. The lights were low and the first thing he said as he walked on stage was BARACK MOTHER FUCKING OBAMA and the place went nuts. Then he goes ARE THERE ANY MOTHER FUCKING REPUBLICANS HERE TONIGHT and all of a sudden the lights go on in the arena. There were huge boos and I was just praying 'please no one look at me'. It's quite possible I was the only Republican in the place.

Katt Williams came back to perform later and was so drunk/on some drugs that his show lasted maybe ten minutes and he told no jokes. People were freaking pissed. I thought some fools might start rioting. If Katt Williams is broke and out of comedy in five years it wouldn't surprise me. Dude is crazy.

http://www.insidebayarea.com/news/ci_22017339?source=inthenews

Back