Comparing first daughters

Big Money

article-2131286-12A49E79000005DC-768_306x423.jpg
article-2131286-12A49EA1000005DC-936_306x423.jpg

Their family names have doubtless opened a few doors for them both.

But now in their own particular ways, Chelsea Clinton and Jenna Bush Hager are learning that reputation only goes so far - then the rest is up to you.

Ms Clinton has been struggling as a TV journalist on the NBC show ‘Making A Difference’ amid reports that executives are disappointed with her ‘terrible’ on-screen performance.

By sharp contrast Ms Bush has been excelling with her reporting on the network’s flagship program ‘The Today Show’ and has become a firm favorite with viewers.

On the face of it one would have expected Ms Clinton to be the more popular as she has been in front of the cameras all her life.

Yet Ms Bush, with her likeable personality and natural warmth has endeared herself to viewers far more easily.

The youngest daughter of former U.S. President George W. Bush, she seems grounded and at ease when compared to her more cerebral rival.

Ms Bush was hired in 2009 by NBC when she was working as a teacher in an elementary school in Baltimore.

In a far more lofty move, Ms Clinton joined NBC soon after being given a post on the board of directors of Barry Diller’s IAC Internet media company.

Both women are married to successful businessmen - Ms Clinton to investment banker Mark Mezvinsky and Ms Bush to energy company executive Henry Chase Hager.

article-2131286-12A49E91000005DC-416_634x286.jpg

Published author with two books to her name.

article-2131286-129B665E000005DC-945_634x766.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2131286/Battle-First-Daughters-Chelsea-Clinton-struggles-NBC-Jenna-Bush-thrives.html

"She attended the University of Texas at Austin and took summer classes at New York University. She was a legacy member of Kappa Alpha Theta, both her mother's and twin sister's sorority. While there, Jenna and her sister Barbara made national headlines when they were both arrested for alcohol-related charges twice within 5 weeks: on April 29, 2001, Jenna was charged with a misdemeanor for possession of alcohol under the age 21 in Austin. On May 29, 2001, Jenna was charged with another misdemeanor—attempting to use a fake ID (with the name Barbara Pierce, her paternal grandmother's maiden name) to purchase alcohol. She pleaded no contest to both charges.[6][7][8][9] Jenna Bush graduated from the University of Texas with a degree in English in 2004."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenna_Bush_Hager

You are the one who started a thread comparing the two girls, BM.

Awwwwww...is the big Bowel Movement upset that his attempt to smear the Obama children went South on him when someone pointed out what a couple boozy floozies the Bush twins were in College?

Awwwwww...is the big Bowel Movement upset that his attempt to smear the Obama children went South on him when someone pointed out what a couple boozy floozies the Bush twins were in College?

LOL, maybe you should stick to crying about the mean 'ol mods...who mentioned the "Obama children"? :rofl2:

This is basically a rhetorical question but since I can't see the OP I'll ask you Jarod. Did Legion follow the rules? (did he post pics?)

Imagine the conservative uproar had Chelsea Clinton been arrested while her father was president...

Imagine the crys of how her parents were bad parents.. Imagine the claims about how a mother belonged home with her daughter instead of working.

I'll remember this example of your hypocrisy next time you cry about a conservative dissing one of your fellow liberal women posters. :rofl2:

Imagine the conservative uproar had Chelsea Clinton been arrested while her father was president...

Imagine the crys of how her parents were bad parents.. Imagine the claims about how a mother belonged home with her daughter instead of working.
Actually, what I remember was SNL doing a skit making fun of her back then and conservatives blasting them for that.

To tell you the truth, politics aside the smarter chick is sexier. Just sayin'...

I like big brains and I cannot lie... you other bruddas can't deny... when a girl walks in with knowledge within and thows physics in your face you get sprung!

Back