confused about rep...

PostmodernProphet

fully immersed in faith..
so we had a poll and the majority of people said it was important that we keep rep points because that was how people knew whether or not we liked what they were saying....

now, I had never done much with rep.....used to use it maybe once a week, but I figure hey, if it's important, I will go along....

so I started repping every post....did I like it, did I not like it......now people are sending messages complaining that I am having opinions on their posts.....is there no satisfying you people?........

You're going to get a very negative reaction nearly every time you neg rep someone, even though at this point it doesn't greatly effect their points one way or the other.

You're going to get a very negative reaction nearly every time you neg rep someone, even though at this point it doesn't greatly effect their points one way or the other.
Not from me. I could care less about being neg repped. It's nice to have positive reps, particularly from those you respect. IN fact, neg reps are kinda positive because you ussually don't get them unless something you say has an impact. That too is a compliment if you think about it.

But that aint why I'm here. I'm here to exchange ideas on politics not covort in some internet mutual admiration society or to engage in flame wars.

It's nice to have an audience with those who share your convictions but you really learn more from those who don't and I enjoy debating the later.

I can honestly say I wouldn't be here if it weren't for people like Dixie and the rhetorical wars I've had with folks like him.

so we had a poll and the majority of people said it was important that we keep rep points because that was how people knew whether or not we liked what they were saying....

now, I had never done much with rep.....used to use it maybe once a week, but I figure hey, if it's important, I will go along....

so I started repping every post....did I like it, did I not like it......now people are sending messages complaining that I am having opinions on their posts.....is there no satisfying you people?........

Short answer:

NO!!!

Back