Congrats to American Women!

DamnYankee

Loyal to the end
Yesterday in the Olympic Alpine Downhill we saw a one-two finish of Americans Lindsey Vonn and Julia Mancuso. As a member of the US Ski Association for several years I've watched their careers and they are both exceptional women and role models for female athletes everywhere. :woot:

Yesterday in the Olympic Alpine Downhill we saw a one-two finish of Americans Lindsey Vonn and Julia Mancuso. As a member of the US Ski Association for several years I've watched their careers and they are both exceptional women and role models for female athletes everywhere. :woot:

It was a great thing to watch. Local Tahoe girl makes good.

Although I didn't like to see her fall and get injured, the Swede, Paerson has been a real bitch to the American Team and even took a slap at George Bush during the last Olympics.

Although I didn't like to see her fall and get injured, the Swede, Paerson has been a real bitch to the American Team and even took a slap at George Bush during the last Olympics.

Lends credence to kharma. I saw the fall but haven't been keeping up with the hype much. I also liked watching Shaun White. His likeability factor is way high, in addition to the straight air he gets!

White gets kudos for growing up after being somewhat of a bore in years past.

Regards to the women, it doesn't hurt that they are both drop-dead gorgeous. :)

lindsey_vonn_swimsuit.jpg

mancuso.jpg

And you don't have to be a skinny runway model to be smokin' hot. :good4u:

Skinny runway model = anorexic bag of bones that photographs well in angled light, afraid of blowing off runway after thunderous applause.

Healthy Athlete = Rosy cheeked, Curvy broad who can slide at 75 miles an hour down hill for 650 feet on her bum, get up and high five the crowd with a dazzling white smile, then walk away.

Healthy Athlete = Rosy cheeked, Curvy broad who can slide at 75 miles an hour down hill for 650 feet on her bum, get up and high five the crowd with a dazzling white smile, then walk away.

That's what I'm talkin' about. :good4u:

When I met my wife in college she played lacrosse and field hockey at the national level and was 5'5" and 138#. Her thighs were too big for Levis and her fingers as big around as most girl's thumbs. I couldn't keep my eyes or hands off of her. :D

Skinny runway model = anorexic bag of bones that photographs well in angled light, afraid of blowing off runway after thunderous applause.

I would imagine a gal sliding 650 feet on her bum would result in rosy cheeks.
:)

Remember this gal? This was back in '85. She's got 2 Olympic gold and one silver.

2959250023_d9c78b8ce4.jpg

I've been coached by her at two separate clinics. She's a great gal, and I have her autograph on the inside of my race jacket. :good4u:

Back