consumer warning.....Keurig coffee makers

PostmodernProphet

fully immersed in faith..
bought one of the Keurig Pro machines on Black Friday......loved it........December 31 it just died.......Bed Bath and Beyond replaced it......today the same thing happened to the replacement......

no power.......its a brick.....some circuit that cannot be replaced burned out.......looking at a Cuisinart now.....

Sorry to hear that. Mine has worked great for prolly 10-12 years. Ill do some research if it dies and i need a replacement.

Sorry to hear that. Mine has worked great for prolly 10-12 years. Ill do some research if it dies and i need a replacement.

Same...we use it about 1/3 of the days, the others we make a pot. I dont really like it though....I call it K-Krap Coffee even with Starbucks.

Same...we use it about 1/3 of the days, the others we make a pot. I dont really like it though....I call it K-Krap Coffee even with Starbucks.

Im happy with mine. You can do a lot better coffeewise than starbucks. Go with a dark roast for a more dominant flavor.

bought one of the Keurig Pro machines on Black Friday......loved it........December 31 it just died.......Bed Bath and Beyond replaced it......today the same thing happened to the replacement......

no power.......its a brick.....some circuit that cannot be replaced burned out.......looking at a Cuisinart now.....

I heard from someone with the same problem.

They chose to go with the "nespresso" instead and have been raving about how much better it is than their old Keurig.

I threw away my Coffee machines 35 years ago, and started French pressing my coffee. It is the cheapest, simplest, convenient, easily maintained, quickest, easiest cleanup, best tasting way to enjoy my fresh cracked coffee beans I grind in a convenient little electric coffee grinder.

From the second I walk into the kitchen, from cracking the beans to my first sip takes all of about 4 minutes or less.

Pressed coffee is the mainstay, most popular coffee, and standard for STARBUCKS AND HAS BEEN FOR OVER 49 YEARS- where I purchased my first coffee press- and it just keeps going and going and going!

Last edited:
Ah, understood. I used to work for Coca-Cola. Every employee there is a salesman. Even years later !

Plus Starbucks gives its employees lots of free coffee and an near endless supply of deeply discounted coffee. I like it though, I am a big fan of very strong coffee, Starbucks allegedly over roasting their beans is not a problem for me.

But ya, my wife is constantly handing out coffee to family, friends, and others....we tend to always have many bags at the house.

Plus Starbucks gives its employees lots of free coffee and an near endless supply of deeply discounted coffee. I like it though, I am a big fan of very strong coffee, Starbucks allegedly over roasting their beans is not a problem for me.

But ya, my wife is constantly handing out coffee to family, friends, and others....we tend to always have many bags at the house.

Yeah free product at Coke certainly makes it easy to get behind.
I do wish there was some control available with these machines but when you buy cups premeasured it kinda limits you. There are refillable cups that do give you flexibility as to how much coffee to employ. That may be an answer but I am lazy so just grabbing a cup and punching the button is good for me.

Yeah free product at Coke certainly makes it easy to get behind.
I do wish there was some control available with these machines but when you buy cups premeasured it kinda limits you. There are refillable cups that do give you flexibility as to how much coffee to employ. That may be an answer but I am lazy so just grabbing a cup and punching the button is good for me.

My wife keeps buying and then losing those self fill K-Cups....they pretty much never get used.

Back