Coulter Endorses Edwards

OrnotBitwise

Watermelon
I admit to being quite surprised at the lack of attention here to Ann Coulter's latest Fox paw. I mean, after all, she's just given the Edwards campaign a big boost.
In a news conference afterward, Edwards talked about the scathing attack last week by author Ann Coulter, who dismissed him as a "faggot" in a speech before the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington -- whose members laughed and applauded the slur.

Edwards said Coulter's comment was "hateful, selfish, childish behavior."

"What I've learned is that if you don't have the courage to speak out against it -- no matter who says it, and no matter who it's leveled at -- then it becomes tolerable," he added. "And it's not tolerable, any more than the language I heard leveled at African Americans when I was young."

Not only did Coulter's slur appear to have fired up many of Edwards' supporters in Berkeley, it also brought out many who haven't yet settled on a candidate. Many Democrats in the crowd said that her comments, and the approval from her conservative audience, illustrated how negative the coming presidential campaign may be.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/03/05/BAGUHOFHC01.DTL

Ann clearly needs to RTFM. Very clearly in the Human Being Operating Manual it says to always engage brain before starting mouth. :p

No Coulter thinks very clearly before she speaks. "How pissed off can I get people by saying this." She is the queen of polemics. Sometimes I suspect her of being a liberal plant.

Before seeing the video, I half expected some half-hearted, scattered applause from the audience, mixed in with gasps of shock, when she called Edwards a faggot.

I was pretty suprised to see the croud react with robust applause and laughter. What's wrong with these people?

Most people are like that.

Didn't see the video though. Ann just likes to be mean spirted for the hell of it. Although I did think that line in the South Park movie was funny.

Coulter is just a gobshite, ranting mindless rightwing talking points to nodding fat-heads who are dim enough to agree with her.

The little fact that Edwards responds from SF, the gayest city in America is worth a few laughts. And it seems the homos are calling him one of thier own.

>>Not only did Coulter's slur appear to have fired up many of Edwards' supporters in Berkeley, it also brought out many who haven't yet settled on a candidate

What the heck, they vote too :D

I have not heard gulliani or McCain telling the Gays not to vote for them....

Back