Covid Tests, cold, and lockdowns... my weird New Years Eve

Concart

Contributor
I am in Minnesota to meet up with family and friends and going to the Winter Classic tonight. My kids are staying with their cousins, my wife and I are staying at a hotel attached to the Mall of America.

On Thursday, one of the cousins, (the only one that is unvaxxed btw) was feeling sick and tested positive for Covid. The other three scheduled a test for Monday, the earliest they could get in. Fortunately, I had decided to bring along my spare at home Covid tests, so yesterday began with a trip to the house where they are staying to drop those tests in the mailbox. The good news, the other three (all of whom are vaxxed and boosted) all tested negative, and they are feeling fine. So the Winter Classic is still on.

Our New Years Eve plans were for dinner at a restaurant in the mall and hanging out in a bar there to watch the semifinal game between Georgia and Michigan. That all ended around 5 last night. We were at a restaurant having a pre-dinner drink when the shots were fired. We all locked down in the restaurants kitchen for a half hour or so. The mall closed, no dinner and no game. We were fortunate enough to eventually score a couple of bar stools at the hotel restaurant, but all in all, it was a very strange day.

Oh, puck drop temperature is expected to be -17. The cold is numbing.

Back