Croc a l'orange

cancel2 2022

Canceled
The orange makes all the difference.

walmart-crocks1.jpg

im tempted to make a tom prendergrast subsection so he can be our personal newsfeed O_O

I am off on my hols to Thailand, formerly known as the Land of Smiles, soon. I will let you know if I can track down a tasty croc au vin in one of the swanky French restaurants in the Exploding Chicken aka Bangkok.

Last edited:
why do all the brits go to thailand
Cause it's a subtropical paradise with some of the greatest beaches in the world. The people are extraordinarlily friendly and welcoming. They have an ancient history and culture that dates back thousands of years and you make a killing on the exchange rate between the Bhatt, the Euro/BP/Dollar.

Cause it's a subtropical paradise with some of the greatest beaches in the world. The people are extraordinarlily friendly and welcoming. They have an ancient history and culture that dates back thousands of years and you make a killing on the exchange rate between the Bhatt, the Euro/BP/Dollar.

Unfortunately the exchange rate was great but it is now no longer the case. Three years ago I could get 65+ baht to the pound, now it is nearer 46 at the moment. Due to all the recent troubles though, hotels are dropping their prices to get the tourists back.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok .../Foreign Exchange/FX Rates/Pages/Default.aspx

Unfortunately the exchange rate was great but it is now no longer the case. Three years ago I could get 65+ baht to the pound, now it is nearer 46 at the moment. Due to all the recent troubles though, hotels are dropping their prices to get the tourists back.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Bangkok .../Foreign Exchange/FX Rates/Pages/Default.aspx
Considering the cost of living in Thailand.....that's still not a bad exchange rate. When I went to the Phils my biggest cost, besides traveling there, was hotel expenses. Other then that it was cheap, cheap, cheap. I bought about $500 worth of clothes and shipped them back to teh US for less then $100.

You suck man! I've always wanted to visit Thailand!!

Maybe I will send you some thousand year eggs from the Chatuchak Weekend Market. They are duck eggs that are covered in straw and stored underground for six months (the traditional recipe has them soaked in horses’ urine before burial). The yolk becomes green, and the white becomes jelly. Do you think that they would get through Customs?

Last edited:
Maybe I will send you some thousand year eggs from the Chatuchak Weekend Market. They are duck eggs that are covered in straw and stored underground for six months (the traditional recipe has them soaked in horses’ urine before burial). The yolk becomes green, and the white becomes jelly. Do you think that they would get through Customs?

Probably not but Pinoy's have a similar treat they call balut. It's a fertilized duck egg that's buried in sand for about 30 days until it's about half developed and then they hard boil it. Yum.

Back