Damn!

Don't forget Dixie, the 'maginary multimillionaire...

I'd settle for a 16 oz medium rare ribeye smothered in sauteed mushroom and a baked potato dripping in butter and a clear conscience. :)

Oh, now you've done it, I haven't ad a steak or a baked potato in three months! My new healthy lifestyle and all. I plant to treat myself when hubby gets home! Double Musky!

A Cajun restaurant that serves a French Pepper Steak that is to die for! It is in Girdwood, forty miles south of Anchorage. We try to make it there at least twice a year!
Mmmmm sounds like what I did last night. I went to see the Blue Jackets play the Coyotes (Yea!! We won!) after the game we went to Thurmons Cafe (It's been on Food TV and on the Travel Channels "Man vs Food") for a Thurmonburger. YUM!!!

Mmmmm sounds like what I did last night. I went to see the Blue Jackets play the Coyotes (Yea!! We won!) after the game we went to Thurmons Cafe (It's been on Food TV and on the Travel Channels "Man vs Food") for a Thurmonburger. YUM!!!

Describe, please. I love Man vs Food, gluttoney at its best.

Double Musky is a five star restaurant that people come to straight off the Kenai River, or are dressed in their prom finery, no stuffiness, no fine linens, the decor is shabby! But the food is heavenly! The wine is fie, the deserts, amazing!

Describe, please. I love Man vs Food, gluttoney at its best.

Double Musky is a five star restaurant that people come to straight off the Kenai River, or are dressed in their prom finery, no stuffiness, no fine linens, the decor is shabby! But the food is heavenly! The wine is fie, the deserts, amazing!
How about if I show you? Thurmons Cafe is a little neighborhood bar in the German Village distract, just south of downtown, that's been there since the 40's. I had the Jaeger Burger last night (Thurmon sits on the intersection of Thurmon Ave and Jaeger St.) which is their beef patty served open face on Texas Toast and pilled high with sauteed onions and mushrooms and a dollop of onion dip. My niece had the Thurmon Burger shown on the video. She could only finish about a third of it. You can always tell the newbies at Thurmons Cafe cause the try to pick up and eat the damned thing. Knowing burger munchers use a knife and fork. :) The young lady serving him is the great grand daughter of the original owners.

How about if I show you? Thurmons Cafe is a little neighborhood bar in the German Village distract, just south of downtown, that's been there since the 40's. I had the Jaeger Burger last night (Thurmon sits on the intersection of Thurmon Ave and Jaeger St.) which is their beef patty served open face on Texas Toast and pilled high with sauteed onions and mushrooms and a dollop of onion dip. My niece had the Thurmon Burger shown on the video. She could only finish about a third of it. You can always tell the newbies at Thurmons Cafe cause the try to pick up and eat the damned thing. Knowing burger munchers use a knife and fork. :) The young lady serving him is the great grand daughter of the original owners.

Oh, my gosh! It is gigantic, but looks delicious!

Oh, my gosh! It is gigantic, but looks delicious!
It is but it's the ambiance of Thurmans I like. It's just a small neighborhood bar with a hell of a lot of tradition that's located in a historic part of town. To be honest with you being on Man vs Food has made it impossible to get into the place on a weekend or at dinner time. It's like a 2+ hour wait. Forget that! I ussually go there with friends from out of town when they visit to go to a game or a concert.

Back