Damo , Why....

Why a longer log in after you drop off ?

I can understand it if still connected, but after you drop / close your browser?

Why a longer log in after you drop off ?

I can understand it if still connected, but after you drop / close your browser?
They wanted it to still be logged in when they came back on. What was happening to them is that they would get logged off while the browser was still open because of inactivity. They wanted the site to keep them logged for a longer period of time.

If you simply close the browser the site cannot know. It just sees that you are inactive. It isn't like my site looks into your computer.

If you log out, it will reflect that immediately. Otherwise, it will appear as though you've been "viewing the index" for hours at a time, like a deer in the headlights.

Cool, I never log out, so I am probably blind by now. Actually, I did just get new glasses (old ones were just for driving and distances) but my vision went to crap in the last year, so I have a full-time prescription now... :mad:

Cool, I never log out, so I am probably blind by now. Actually, I did just get new glasses (old ones were just for driving and distances) but my vision went to crap in the last year, so I have a full-time prescription now... :mad:

You really should get a girl friend before you go blind.

They wanted it to still be logged in when they came back on. What was happening to them is that they would get logged off while the browser was still open because of inactivity. They wanted the site to keep them logged for a longer period of time.

If you simply close the browser the site cannot know. It just sees that you are inactive. It isn't like my site looks into your computer.

My other computer is fucked up and doesn't keep history. At all. Whenever I close the browser on it, and I come back, I'm automatically logged out.

My other computer is fucked up and doesn't keep history. At all. Whenever I close the browser on it, and I come back, I'm automatically logged out.
You closed the browser.

Again, what was happening to the user who requested it, is they timed out while the browser was open. Your cookie keeps your information, but if it is over the time period you are not "logged in" and you have to do it again. If you close the browser you get a new cookie.

You closed the browser.

Again, what was happening to the user who requested it, is they timed out while the browser was open. Your cookie keeps your information, but if it is over the time period you are not "logged in" and you have to do it again. If you close the browser you get a new cookie.

Well THIS computers browser KEEPS the cookie.

Good. I'm glad for you.

It probably is browser settings rather than your computer itself.

Damo, I am not a noob. It is the computer. I removed the entire Internet explorer program from the computer, and I assume that's why it's doing this. I thought, if I left the engine in, it would be OK...

Damo, I am not a noob. It is the computer. I removed the entire Internet explorer program from the computer, and I assume that's why it's doing this. I thought, if I left the engine in, it would be OK...
You are noob enough to make your own computer retarded and "suspect" that is why it is acting retarded.

Have you tried turning your computer off, and then turning it back on?

Yes..............

If you log out, it will reflect that immediately. Otherwise, it will appear as though you've been "viewing the index" for hours at a time, like a deer in the headlights.

the elbeefy trademark...a Hawaiian deer in the headlights...never mind that would be a porpus(pun) in the headlights!;)

Back