Damo you must have big cans in Colorado!

uscitizen

Villified User
Man takes steamroller on a late-night joyride

Jun 23, 9:30 PM (ET)

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - Boulder police are looking for a man they said stole a city steamroller for a late-night joyride. Some Boulder residents were awakened at about 2 a.m. Tuesday by the rumbling of a steamroller down a neighborhood street. Witnesses told police they saw a man driving the steamroller before crashing it into a can and fleeing.

Both vehicles suffered minor damage, but no one was hurt. Boulder Police spokeswoman Sarah Huntley said witnesses couldn't agree on a description or approximate age of the driver. Officials haven't said how they think the steamroller was taken from the city's Public Works Department.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090624/D990O3J00.html

this guy is way awesomer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbG9i1oGPA&feature=related"]YouTube - Killdozer Helicopter News Footage[/ame]

it was pretty much unstoppable until the guy blew out his radiator and one of his tank treds went over a ledge. Basically the town completely screwed him over so he went on a rampage knocking over government buildings. He was sealed completely inside, there was no hatch. He lowered the armor over his modified bulldozer with a crane, and once it was down, he wasn't getting out. He ended up killing himself, and it took police 12 hours to blowtorch their way through.

they were actually considering bringing in the military but decided against it because of the high risk of collateral damage

you don't need the military to bring something like that down. One incendiary grenade right on top of that armor, and he'll be dying to get out in about 3 minutes.

they tried grendades, they dropped one down his exhaust pipe... they didn't work, also he covered the whole thing in oil so people couldn't climb on top of it. I'm telling you, this guy was prepared.

∂˚;457600 said:
they tried grendades, they dropped one down his exhaust pipe... they didn't work, also he covered the whole thing in oil so people couldn't climb on top of it. I'm telling you, this guy was prepared.

Yeah I remember it.
But he had no big can that was his downfall.

∂˚;457600 said:

an incendiary grenade isn't the same as a flashbang or even a frag grenade.

Incendiary grenades produce intense heat by means of a chemical reaction. The body is practically the same as that of a smoke grenade. The filler is 600 to 800 grams of thermate, which is an improved version of World War II-era thermite. The chemical reaction that produces the heat is called a "thermite reaction". In this reaction, powdered aluminium metal and iron oxide react to produce a stream of molten iron and aluminium oxide. This reaction produces a tremendous amount of heat, burning at 2200 °C (4000 °F). This makes incendiary grenades useful for destroying weapons caches, artillery, and vehicles. Other advantages include its ability to function without an external oxygen source, allowing it to burn underwater. Because they are not intended to be thrown, thermate incendiary grenades generally have a shorter delay fuse than other grenades e.g. two seconds.

That would melt through all of that armor

//
If a shaped charge and held in place long enough. 2200 is just enough to melt steel and you have to consider the heat dispersion and such.

Plus I don't think the cops were very good torch operators if it took them that long to cut him out.

//
If a shaped charge and held in place long enough. 2200 is just enough to melt steel and you have to consider the heat dispersion and such.

Plus I don't think the cops were very good torch operators if it took them that long to cut him out.

I remember my drill instructors lighting one off on top of an old tank. melted right through to the ground eventually. a very powerful sight.

Anyone remember the soldier from Fort Carson that stole the tank and then went out into the community and started running over shit everywhere.

∂˚;457455 said:
it was pretty much unstoppable until the guy blew out his radiator and one of his tank treds went over a ledge. Basically the town completely screwed him over so he went on a rampage knocking over government buildings. He was sealed completely inside, there was no hatch. He lowered the armor over his modified bulldozer with a crane, and once it was down, he wasn't getting out. He ended up killing himself, and it took police 12 hours to blowtorch their way through.

You've got to admire his "roadwarrior" ingenuity; but why didn't they just use a couple of gernades and disable the tread(s).

∂˚;457455 said:

This is definitely something that could've only happened in America.

Back