Damo

FUCK THE POLICE

911 EVERY DAY
About two months ago, I tried to log onto Vista, and I was hit with some sort of odd denial of service attack. It said I wasn't the administrator, and gave me no option to clarify that I was. I had to reformat the hard drive.

OK, so there is a bug in Vista there. Thankfully, IBM's service partition was still working, and I just uploaded all of my stuff to my backup hard drive and reinstalled the thing. Took three hours though.

I'm sorry :(

About two months ago, I tried to log onto Vista, and I was hit with some sort of odd denial of service attack. It said I wasn't the administrator, and gave me no option to clarify that I was. I had to reformat the hard drive.

OK, so there is a bug in Vista there. Thankfully, IBM's service partition was still working, and I just uploaded all of my stuff to my backup hard drive and reinstalled the thing. Took three hours though.

I'm sorry :(
:D

All new software from Windows is buggy a bit. But that isn't what I avoid while waiting for SR2. It is because their security always has huge gaping holes that they backfill for the first six months or so as people figure them out and start exploiting them.

It's just safer for your information and computer to wait just a bit.

I have, however, loaded the stuff on other people's computers and it works fine and looks like it is a bit of upgrade from XP.

I'd like to take this time to complain about the random server disruptions. What's up with that??

I'd like to take this time to complain about the random server disruptions. What's up with that??
I don't know. It is frustrating me. I may ask them to move me to a different server. This is getting sick. I like the speed, but I was also paying for reliability that I am not getting.

If you want I can go down to their headquarters and smack a few people around.

I don't know. It is frustrating me. I may ask them to move me to a different server. This is getting sick. I like the speed, but I was also paying for reliability that I am not getting.

i havent seen too many problems with the site but the few that i have seem to be sql issues

i havent seen too many problems with the site but the few that i have seem to be sql issues
Many of those come from restarts when they suddenly cut off. Then I have to run a repair on the sql database. But it wouldn't happen if the server was solid.

LMAO..............

Many of those come from restarts when they suddenly cut off. Then I have to run a repair on the sql database. But it wouldn't happen if the server was solid.

and what 'animals' is a solid server...they are as political as we are...!:rolleyes:

ture.. what type of hardware are ya/they using if you dont mind

ture.. what type of hardware are ya/they using if you dont mind
I'd have to check. I'll get back to you on that one. I know it is unix servers, it is shared, but I don't know the answer to the hardware question.

I'd have to check. I'll get back to you on that one. I know it is unix servers, it is shared, but I don't know the answer to the hardware question.

ahh.. we use a hp ls 9000, vary solid. sorry for your troubles, i know how it feels. vary fusterating

Back