Darla - NYC

cawacko

I take it you are pretty familiar with New York City. After the WTC is rebuilt and the new JP Morgan and Goldman Sacs HQ's are completed do you think Downtown (I believe that's what that area is called?) will be more of a 24/7 type environment? My understanding is not a lot of people live in that area right now.

We are working on a $800 million five star hotel/condo project that would be about a block from the WTC site. One of the big complaints against it has been there is not demand from people wanting to live in that area.

Is that the case and do you think it might change?

Thanks.

I can only give you one person's opinion ok? Nah. It won't. Nightlife is dead around there for instance, always has been. It closes down. I stayed at the Club Quarters hotel on Wall street a couple of years ago, and it just died shortly after 5. Not even any shopping. Of course, further downtown is a short cab ride away, and you have little italy and the village. But it's a business district Cawacko. And after what happened to the air quality there post 9/11, there was at least one high end apartment complex there, I forget the name, but that place was pretty much condemned. I can't imagine anyone wanting to live anywhere near that. That target isn't going away. You know? That's the heart of bloody capitalism to a lot of people. That's just my opinion

Why are you asking Darla this...........

I take it you are pretty familiar with New York City. After the WTC is rebuilt and the new JP Morgan and Goldman Sacs HQ's are completed do you think Downtown (I believe that's what that area is called?) will be more of a 24/7 type environment? My understanding is not a lot of people live in that area right now.

We are working on a $800 million five star hotel/condo project that would be about a block from the WTC site. One of the big complaints against it has been there is not demand from people wanting to live in that area.

Is that the case and do you think it might change?

Thanks.

She is way too busy doing the 'Code Pink' weekend protests against the wrong people...she is too chicken to protest Irans Revolutionary Guard..the real terrorists...and darla does not go downtown...she is not like the song 'Uptown girl'...she is a fraud! Who would want to visit downtown NYC anyhoo?...when it is a definet target of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard...unless ya get a repreive from working class soldiers who complete the mission assigned!

I can only give you one person's opinion ok? Nah. It won't. Nightlife is dead around there for instance, always has been. It closes down. I stayed at the Club Quarters hotel on Wall street a couple of years ago, and it just died shortly after 5. Not even any shopping. Of course, further downtown is a short cab ride away, and you have little italy and the village. But it's a business district Cawacko. And after what happened to the air quality there post 9/11, there was at least one high end apartment complex there, I forget the name, but that place was pretty much condemned. I can't imagine anyone wanting to live anywhere near that. That target isn't going away. You know? That's the heart of bloody capitalism to a lot of people. That's just my opinion

Thanks. I'm far from the person who is going to decide whether this goes forward or not (within our company) but I know that is going to be an issue that comes up. Who wants to buy a condo at $2,000/sq.ft. downtown? The argument for the hotel is that there is not a five star hotel downtown right now.

Thanks. I'm far from the person who is going to decide whether this goes forward or not (within our company) but I know that is going to be an issue that comes up. Who wants to buy a condo at $2,000/sq.ft. downtown? The argument for the hotel is that there is not a five star hotel downtown right now.

True. There's the Soho Grand in, Soho of course, I think it's four star though. Great place, you would have a blast in their bar. I don't know, a five star hotel might do good there though. Staying someplace for a business trip is not the same as moving into the neighborhood. The condos - I don't see it.

I don't know. I think it could be a good thing. Maybe would spark some night life in the area. Certainly there are some people that would want to be that close to work or companies would buy them to house people working on assignment.

As for the air quality in the region, I can't really comment on that.

I guess that makes it kind of like Wiggins MS. Completely shuts down at night.

Back