Darla - Robert Moses

cawacko

Have you read the Robert Caro book on him? If so did you like? If so do you think you have to be from New York to really appreciate it?

It's on the brain because I read an article this morning on San Francisco infrastructure and Moses was mentioned in a comment.

I'll let Darla address her personal reading history. I know we have discussed this books several times. The title in case you are interested is The Power Broker. I have read it. It is a big fat book (about 1175 page) with a lot of words and shit and very few pictures. It's not a particularly difficult read but since it is longer and more difficult than the New York Times stories that you get bogged down in and find difficult to comprehend, I don't think you could handle it, either.

I'll let Darla address her personal reading history. I know we have discussed this books several times. The title in case you are interested is The Power Broker. I have read it. It is a big fat book (about 1175 page) with a lot of words and shit and very few pictures. It's not a particularly difficult read but since it is longer and more difficult than the New York Times stories that you get bogged down in and find difficult to comprehend, I don't think you could handle it, either.

Give him a break wacko... the bolded above is why he had such a hard time. In reality, he should indeed stick to the books with lots of pictures and few words. I recommend he stay with 'See Spot Run' or pop-up childrens books. Few pages, lots of pictures, few words.

Have you read the Robert Caro book on him? If so did you like? If so do you think you have to be from New York to really appreciate it?

It's on the brain because I read an article this morning on San Francisco infrastructure and Moses was mentioned in a comment.

I was just about to say Dantes is the guy to talk to about this. I have been meaning to read it, and no you don't have to live in NY. In fact, I'm glad you reminded me about this book.

LOL Cawacko has actually read all of Caro's LBJ books. He's into him.

Give him a break wacko... the bolded above is why he had such a hard time. In reality, he should indeed stick to the books with lots of pictures and few words. I recommend he stay with 'See Spot Run' or pop-up childrens books. Few pages, lots of pictures, few words.

You have no idea how funny your comments here are.

I was just about to say Dantes is the guy to talk to about this. I have been meaning to read it, and no you don't have to live in NY. In fact, I'm glad you reminded me about this book.
It's a lot more interesting though if you do live in New York or at least have spent some time in New York City and have seen some of the places that Moses was responsible for creating or destroying.

You're so cute Prak when you are hating. Not very becoming on a man though.

Not hating. I just remember going over a New YorK Times article with you three times work-by-word and you still not comprehending what it was about or even where I was getting what I said it was about. So either you were pretending you didn't understand and acting intentionally obtuse or you didn't understand or you were incapable of understanding it. Since you don't answer questions I was unable to determine at the time, which of these two possibilities was the correct one. After that experience and several others, but most certainly that one, I came to the conclusion that you had a servere reading comprehension problem. I am glad to see that you have finally learned to read. Reading is certainly an important skill, so I am pleased to hear you have acquired it.

Not hating. I just remember going over a New YorK Times article with you three times work-by-word and you still not comprehending what it was about or even where I was getting what I said it was about. So either you were pretending you didn't understand and acting intentionally obtuse or you didn't understand or you were incapable of understanding it. Since you don't answer questions I was unable to determine at the time, which of these two possibilities was the correct one. After that experience and several others, but most certainly that one, I came to the conclusion that you had a servere reading comprehension problem. I am glad to see that you have finally learned to read. Reading is certainly an important skill, so I am pleased to hear you have acquired it.

I have to be honest, learning to read is just too much work. Not really worth the time I figured so I pay someone to read the books to me or just get books on tape.

I have to be honest, learning to read is just too much work. Not really worth the time I figured so I pay someone to read the books to me or just get books on tape.

Make light of it cawacko. I will never forget it. The shit happened and you know it and I know it. So make light of it. You never did understand that story, even after three explanations! It was quite amazing for a college graduate since the New York Times is written at the 11th grade level. When I noted that then you finally said something to the effect that you wouldn't be able with their current requirements to get into USC today. It was a memorable event. I know Darla remembers it, because she couldn't believe it either and we still talk about it. So don't even try to pretend it never happened. I bet Ornot still remembers it too!

Why don't you tell him to stop being such a condescending twat to Wacko?

What's the matter tommy, get up the wrong side of the bed? Or just another bad hair day? Women's clothing tommy? Really! How fucking juvenile is that? What's really sad is you and Freedom both have no idea just how juvenile such ignorance is, because you both got stuck and stopped growing emotionally at about the age of 7. You are also sociopaths so that complicates things, as well!

Or is that one of your workplace washer woman jokes?

What's the matter tommy, get up the wrong side of the bed? Or just another bad hair day? Women's clothing tommy? Really! How fucking juvenile is that? What's really sad is you and Freedom both have no idea just how juvenile such ignorance is, because you both got stuck and stopped growing emotionally at about the age of 7. You are also sociopaths so that complicates things, as well!

Or is that one of your workplace washer woman jokes?

So you are denying that you said that you used to like parading around in Darla's underwear? Are you ashamed of being a cross dresser?

Back