Darn It!

well i always tought that they would be alot bigger... not saing that it wasnt big, just not as big as i thought it would be... maybe its still yonug

well i always tought that they would be alot bigger... not saing that it wasnt big, just not as big as i thought it would be... maybe its still yonug
Yes, it is. It's also a very small one. The biggest whole carcass on record is more than twice that size -- about 60 feet long. Many scientists expect that they probably get bigger still: the biggest ones probably don't make it to the surface intact.

Just wondering...

Normal squid have a lifespan of some twelve months and grow continually until they die...does this also apply to the giant squid??? If so they must really be gluttons to grow that big that fast!

Normal squid have a lifespan of some twelve months and grow continually until they die...does this also apply to the giant squid??? If so they must really be gluttons to grow that big that fast!
We don't know. We don't know how long they live or much of anything about their behavior. They may live for only a couple of years and they may live for decades.

Giant squid are cool. :cool:

Back