Day 1 of March Madness

Mott the Hoople

Sweet Jane
So far I didn't do to bad in my picks. I went 14-2 on day one. Long Beach State was my bracket buster ..... should have went with VCU. That one hurt. I had Wichita State winning in rounds #1 and 2. Same with LB State. Still 14-2 for the first day aint bad. I went 12-4 last year on day one but then got savaged on day two.

I didn't make any picks, won't be winning any money, or losing it for that matter.

Although the Buffs almost gave up a 20 point lead last night, but survived the first round. Man, they were shooting threes like they were layups last night until the last part of the second half.

March Madness is so pervasive that the stupid mustache-growing contest (yes, you read that correctly) that is going on at my unit is being called March Mustache Madness.

But March Madness is so popular to sports followers that I know people who don't follow basketball all season until now. Anyway get a look at the President's picks?

March Madness is so pervasive that the stupid mustache-growing contest (yes, you read that correctly) that is going on at my unit is being called March Mustache Madness.

But March Madness is so popular to sports followers that I know people who don't follow basketball all season until now. Anyway get a look at the President's picks?

I haven't looked at his picks, yet. I have enjoyed a day of upsets today, Missouri is out, and it looks like Duke is going to be another.
I am having fun!

arrrrgggg...day two was a nightmare! I was 8-8. Still I was 22-10 for the first round. However the downstream impact of day two is killing me!

Looking like the Big 10 is the best conference this year. If either Purdue or MSU win today then 1/4 of the sweet 16 field will be Big 10 teams.

He who laughs...

They nearly lost it, farging KU!
They did not look impressive. If it wasn't for Purdue's Chinese fire drill their last two posessions they probably would have. Still...that's 4 Big 10 teams and 4 Ohio Teams in the Sweet 16. So it looks like it's between the Big 10 and the Big East for bragging rights as to the best conference in BB.

They did not look impressive. If it wasn't for Purdue's Chinese fire drill their last two posessions they probably would have. Still...that's 4 Big 10 teams and 4 Ohio Teams in the Sweet 16. So it looks like it's between the Big 10 and the Big East for bragging rights as to the best conference in BB.

They won't be able to pull that crap playing against NC. They better come out hard and strong. Take it to the basket, and get the rebounds. At least I have a few days to rest up!

Back