Dealing with cable companies on the phone is a beatdown...

Stone

Contributor
Same with streaming services or satellite. The whole fucking thing is just one giant shit sandwich. Over an hour on the phone with people who dont even know what they are talking about for the most part. All that and ended up right where I was to begin with......:palm: WTF! IDIOTS!

I haven't paid a cable or satellite TV bill in going on 20 years.

I am fortunate to live in a metro area with an abundance of free, OTA channels available with an antenna.

All totaled, I get over 50 channels.

Subtract the religious and Spanish speaking channels, and I still get around 35 watchable channels.

And since I can't stand the kind of shit they produce as "entertainment" these days anyway, it works out perfectly for me.

One can do the math on how much money I've saved over 20 years, too.

Ha ha.

Same with streaming services or satellite. The whole fucking thing is just one giant shit sandwich. Over an hour on the phone with people who dont even know what they are talking about for the most part. All that and ended up right where I was to begin with......:palm: WTF! IDIOTS!

Finding honest competent people to get work done seems to be getting harder. More alarming is how people just take it, tolerate the inferiority, dont seem to understand the catastrophic consequences of the increasing dishonesty combined with decreasing competence.

Finding honest competent people to get work done seems to be getting harder. More alarming is how people just take it, tolerate the inferiority, dont seem to understand the catastrophic consequences of the increasing dishonesty combined with decreasing competence.

I haven't paid a cable or satellite TV bill in going on 20 years.

I am fortunate to live in a metro area with an abundance of free, OTA channels available with an antenna.

All totaled, I get over 50 channels.

Subtract the religious and Spanish speaking channels, and I still get around 35 watchable channels.

And since I can't stand the kind of shit they produce as "entertainment" these days anyway, it works out perfectly for me.

One can do the math on how much money I've saved over 20 years, too.

Ha ha.

Problem with that is most of the over the air stuff sucks. There is a good reason it is FREE.....LOL.

Problem with that is most of the over the air stuff sucks. There is a good reason it is FREE.....LOL.

It only sucks to people who have the kind of simplistic, lowbrow, joe sixpack taste in entertainment that the garbage you watch on cable satisfies.

Which fits right in with their simplistic, lowbrow taste in everything else, from politics to pastimes.

There is a reason why TV producers have steadily dumbed down the shows they produce.

And that reason is that the audiences are getting dumber and dumber with each generation.

It only sucks to people who have the kind of simplistic, lowbrow, joe sixpack taste in entertainment that the garbage you watch on cable satisfies.

Which fits right in with their simplistic, lowbrow taste in everything else, from politics to pastimes.

There is a reason why TV producers have steadily dumbed down the shows they produce.

And that reason is that the audiences are getting dumber and dumber with each generation.

Uhhh,.....I mostly watch sports and documentaries. Have fun with your rabbit ears. :laugh:

Uhhh,.....I mostly watch sports and documentaries. Have fun with your rabbit ears.

Like I said..... simplistic, lowbrow, joe sixpack taste in entertainment.

I bet the documentaries are about NASCAR. :laugh:

And BTW, I have an outdoor amplified antenna on a 20' pole.

Picks up every station in a 50 mile radius, easy.

s-l640.jpg

s-l640.jpg

Dont watch racing at all. No interest whatsoever. Football and baseball. Sorry Nomad.......wrong AGAIN. ;)

s-l640.jpg

Great......that way at night in prime time you can get 4 different CBS affiliates all showing THE SAME THING. How brilliant......:laugh:

Nomad......" Duh,....why are all these channels all showing Young Sheldon all at the same time? " :thinking: :laugh:

Dont watch racing at all. No interest whatsoever. Football and baseball. Sorry Nomad.......wrong AGAIN. ;)

Football. Pfffttthhhh.

Baseball. Pfffttthhhh.

Like I said..... simplistic, lowbrow, joe sixpack taste in entertainment. :palm:

Great......that way at night in prime time you can get 4 different CBS affiliates all showing THE SAME THING. How brilliant......:laugh:

Wrong.

I get one CBS affiliate that has 4 different digital sub-channels.

https://www.antennasdirect.com/blog/digital-subchannels-cord-cutters-falling-love-content-offer/

I get 3 different PBS stations, each with multiple digital sub-channels that all broadcast something different.

Enjoy forking over half your welfare check to your cable provider.

Loser. :laugh:

s-l640.jpg

Goes well with that singlewide of yours.

Football. Pfffttthhhh.

Baseball. Pfffttthhhh.

Like I said..... simplistic, lowbrow, joe sixpack taste in entertainment. :palm:

Wrong.

I get one CBS affiliate that has 4 different digital sub-channels.

https://www.antennasdirect.com/blog/digital-subchannels-cord-cutters-falling-love-content-offer/

I get 3 different PBS stations, each with multiple digital sub-channels that all broadcast something different.

Enjoy forking over half your welfare check to your cable provider.

Loser. :laugh:

Nomads part in this discussion began by him saying how bad the content is. Well,....if the content that you PAY for is bad then it should be obvious to anyone that the content you get for FREE is REALLY bad. In life you get what you pay for....

Nomads part in this discussion began by him saying how bad the content is. Well,....if the content that you PAY for is bad then it should be obvious to anyone that the content you get for FREE is REALLY bad. In life you get what you pay for....

Typical fucked up Jethro Trumptard mentality.

"If something costs more money, well by golly it must be better, dang it!!!!" :palm:

You fuckers are the reason why terms like "willing tool" and "useful idiot" were coined.

Oh and of course the old familiar line "A fool and his money are soon parted." applies as well

Meanwhile, I'm laughing (at you) all the way to the bank. :laugh:

(BTW... re: "the math:, since 2003 I've saved roughly $12,000 on cable/satellite bills.) :321:

My biggest PITA with them is they have this automated "help" sequence they go through for retards and idiots. I have to spend 15 + minutes telling the computer I've already tried the nonsense it's telling me to try to get to a person who I can explain my issue to and get it resolved.

Of course, it could be worse...

And if you think that's bad, I've been dealing with the federal government to get my address changed after I moved.

TSP (Thrift Savings Plan--the equivalent of a 401K). Wait time for a representative is approximately sixty minutes...
OPM (Office of Personnel Management--retirement stuff) We are experiencing a high call volume at this time, call back later... click...
Social Security Rep: We never received that change of address from you... I sent it with certified mail return receipt requested. They suddenly "found" my form...

I will say DFAS and DoD (retired military pay) were quite efficient and took care of things in minutes...

Last edited:
By watching old red skelton episodes and Documentaries on HOW GLUE DRIES on the public channel. You have fun with that......:)

Even if that were the case, which it is not, it would still be better than forking out over a hundred bucks a month to watch a bunch of fat, hairy ass, spoiled, entitled, over-paid millionaires chase their balls around a grass field.

But then, we all know how much you must enjoy watching guys play with their balls.

The cable company here has a monopoly, Xfinity, and every so often your bill will jump 30-40 dollars. I always call them and tell them I need to cancel and they automatically "find a promotion." :laugh:

It's such a scam.

Back