Dear Santa

DeMartMan

We all have heard of the American Dream of being able own ones home, in which a family could be raised, children sent off to college and retire in our golden years. This American Dream is fast slipping away from most, why? I believe as a nation that our success was built on a sense of community and a lack of selfishness. Over the last thirty years, there has been an effort to rewrite history and change the meaning of that American Dream. Self-centered individuals falsely claim that the American Dream is to get rich and not just rich but super rich. This has left millions behind and increased the size of those impoverished. Many are without a job, a home or even food, while the "me first" crowd gores themselves. We must remember that a society is judged not on how well those at the top are doing but rather how those at the bottom are treated.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOFBsoS2QYk"]YouTube - Dear Santa[/ame]

Now that's one strange looking man

I would rather say heck with being poor, anyone who has had to go to bed hungry knows just how unpleasant it is. I have no problem with someone having wealth, but how much is enough? Why should I have to have my wages cut or my retirement raided so some rich guy can even be richer? I say pay everyone who is willing to work a livable wage so that they can enjoy the American Dream, then let the rich do what they will.

Back